Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Burning_Monk posted:

I like the show where the homeless man makes out with a dog and then smokes crack in a bathroom.

5/5

Seems pretty Woke acknowledging a homeless man's struggles.

Woke Snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Which racially offensive goof is funnier? Taco bed or “it was weird that they were Asian right?”

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Which racially offensive goof is funnier? Taco bed or “it was weird that they were Asian right?”

Taco bed is easily funnier to me given the context around it, the latter is just a really good payoff to one of their best episodes

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The it's weird they were asian right is funny in that is plays off the viewers expectations too, no one was expecting them to be asian!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
they did have pointed feet though

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The Asian pay-off is funny to me because the southern American accent is just so closely associated with images of scary rednecks shooting each other and being massive racists*. I thought it was just something we non-Americans did with our (often unfair, sometimes maybe not) assumptions of American culture, but here we have an American TV show using it for a joke too!

* unless you're a literature grad like me, at which point it's probably more To Kill a Mockingbird and Flannery O'Connor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would've thought taco bed was made up except I see pictures and clips of it. I have no memory of this bit at all, guess excuse to rewatch.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

LividLiquid posted:

It would make me happy as a pig in poo poo to never have any of these conversations ever again, or to have to continuously re-explain myself, but I don't get to live in that world.

No it wouldn't, because you can't help yourself but to roll around and eat the poo poo every time you're within a mile of it. It's the world you crave to live in because it gives you reason to post like this over and over again when no one gives a gently caress but you. You don't have to do it, you want to do it.. Scamper away to D&D with that dumb poo poo, we're trying to talk about poop in a bed here. In other words

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

No it wouldn't, because you can't help yourself but to roll around and eat the poo poo every time you're within a mile of it. It's the world you crave to live in because it gives you reason to post like this over and over again when no one gives a gently caress but you. You don't have to do it, you want to do it.. Scamper away to D&D with that dumb poo poo, we're trying to talk about poop in a bed here. In other words

Dude. Everybody had stopped talking about it.

"Oh my god, I don't care" doesn't mean what you think it means.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yet you took the bait, curious

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I wasn't talking about the immensely important PC debate. I was talking about you. You don't get to play the weary martyr fighting the "righteous" fight when you're the only one doing the fighting, by choice. And spare us the over and done with routine. It's never over with you. I was just trying to head off the next 10 debates you clog up this thread with. You couldn't even read the two simple words in the gif correctly.

Edit: VVV This show not being PC is one of the cornerstones of Paddy's Pub. People will die!

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 7, 2024

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
reason will prevail!

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

oh my god stop loving talking about other posters. we all are annoying. shut the gently caress upppppppp

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just rename the thread "Animal shithouse"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Professor Wayne posted:

reason will prevail!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

He's been to the It's Always Sunny Show/Podcast discussion thread and he says it's just a bunch of people yelling over each other

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

ShoogaSlim posted:

He's been to the It's Always Sunny Show/Podcast discussion thread and he says it's just a bunch of people yelling over each other

The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award is arguably my favourite episode of the entire series. I know the subtext isn't very subtle but it's a fun little tease about sitcom conventions and full of bangers: Charlie's song, Dee under the heavy lighting, Frank and Artemis' arty burlesque show, the black guy ratio because black bars don't win awards, a drink that's better than bustin' a nut/blowin' your load, etc. Even the casting is great, getting the Tony Award-winning Roger Bart and Oscar from The Office in to be their adversaries in the mainstream establishment.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite bits from the podcast is that they started opening episodes with the gang mid-argument just yelling over each other in specific reaction to that criticism :hehe:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The yelling is my favorite part. Like four jokes are being shouted at once and you hear a different one or two each rewatch. gently caress, there's ones I never caught until I watched with closed captions.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Ngl, the constant shouting matches are a reason I don't like the early seasons as much.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ShoogaSlim posted:

lol

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
I have only person on my ignore list, and it is LividLiquid because of some nonsense bullshit they posted years ago in this thread. I'd appreciate it if y'all would stop quoting them. It really is something that any time there is a massive spike in activity for this thread it is tied to them popping off with their poo poo.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Professor Wayne posted:

reason pickles will prevail!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Ngl, the constant shouting matches are a reason I don't like the early seasons as much.

Goddamn it! I don't know how to express myself unless through anger and personal attack!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Reason will prevail!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

How do hobos fit all their stuff in a bandana?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

ban this jabroni

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Carthag Tuek posted:

ban this jabroni

Do you want me to throw this glass of water in SweetMercifulCrap's face?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Do you want me to throw this glass of water salt in SweetMercifulCrap's face?

🐌

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah lets salt them

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Carthag Tuek posted:

yeah lets salt them

Just be careful you don't get caught or you could be charged with a salt.

So when are they starting up the podcast again?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He doesn’t even, like, get us, man.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

If we salt him can we record it for my Project Badass tape series?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

On The Internet posted:

If we salt him can we record it for my Project Badass tape series?

we only have the one tape...

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Alright, well the problem was that I got the flashlight on and I taped the whole deal up and I realized I'd have to cut all the tape off to get the tape in and I didn't have much more duct tape so I figured stick with the flashlight while we got it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OHHH I'M SORRY! I FORGOT TO PUT A TAPE IN!! IFORGOTTOPUTATAPEIN!!!!!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Watched a handful of episodes of The Mick based on the thread's recommendation. It's not on the level of Always Sunny but it's definitely growing on me.

To be fair, early Always Sunny also took some time to find its feet. It's been a minute since I watched the early seasons but I feel like you can easily discount the first season before the gang establishes its group dynamic with Frank, and it takes all the way into season 3-4 for it to become solidly one of favorite shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

moot the hopple posted:

Watched a handful of episodes of The Mick based on the thread's recommendation. It's not on the level of Always Sunny but it's definitely growing on me.

To be fair, early Always Sunny also took some time to find its feet. It's been a minute since I watched the early seasons but I feel like you can easily discount the first season before the gang establishes its group dynamic with Frank, and it takes all the way into season 3-4 for it to become solidly one of favorite shows.

yea the mick is way more "sitcom" on the surface than sunny but even less PC, which is weird