Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
"He's probably gonna go kill himself :toot: " - oh God, I laughed too hard at that. See you in Hell, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

The look of childish glee on Mac's face during Landslide's set, when he says "I bet his diarrhea is really nasty!" is amazing. He's so happy to think such gross thoughts!

When Charlie says to Dee, "You're in that sweet spot between suicidal and already dead that comedians seem to thrive in" it seemed too true to be funny.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I assumed Dee's awful stand-up act was meant as a parody of Dane Cook -- give the audience one mildly amusing one-liner then follow it up with stupid sound effects, facial expressions and dumb gestures for 30 seconds.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Dennis' reaction to the end of his own fantasy made me choke on my drink. "Huh? That's where I went with it? Well, OK, could be worse I guess."

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

I'm sort of confused by Charlie's line that his mom vaccinated him every month. Who the gently caress gets a flu shot every single month? Is that just Charlie being Charlie, or is there some joke there that I'm not picking up?

Also, I love the look on Dee's face when she's eating chips after smoking up in the planetarium in "Mac Day." I almost think she really was stoned in that scene, because it was so perfect.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Cheesus posted:

According to this week's episode of "Hello Ladies", Rickity Cricket is now cleaned up with a beautiful mustache and living in Los Angeles as the head of a modelling agency and in a loving relationship with his African American husband.

...I guess that's the fun way of saying we won't see Cricket anymore. That's a shame, but there's very little torture they could still inflict on him. In my heart, he's still running free somewhere along a highway with his dog pack. Maybe somewhere near Darby, where they throw out scraps a man could survive on. Maybe he even has a little shack he made somewhere with stolen construction supplies and fixtures from a foreclosed home, way out in the woods where he doesn't bother anyone. Live that dream, Cricket. Until you freeze to death one winter, at least.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

When I was a kid, how you felt about Police Academy movies was a general indicator of your intelligence. It was OK to like the first one, maybe the second one too -- if you liked any after that, you were a moron. Playing the theme from it was a great way to give the audience a wink and nod to remind you that, hey, they're fuckin' dumb. (Just in case the gashuffing scenes didn't convince you.)

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

This might be the stupidest plot for an action movie ever conceived. And I love it.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Zsinjeh posted:

Also, are we to understand that Frank was asked about and has over 40 million dollars? I mean we know he's rich but it's interesting seeing them put some sort of number on it.

He offered $60 million for the arena football team that Bon Jovi owns. (Or Mr. Von Joni as Frank called him.)

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

That was a hell of a send-off for Cricket and the McPoyles.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Can I make a gif request? During the scene in "Mac Day" where Dennis is talking about the things he hates because of Mac, the look on Sweet Dee's face make me laugh every time. Can I get an animated version of her slowly chewing while looking stoned? I will love the person who does this for me.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

DNova posted:

Not only is he like ruin...ing my life, but with all this god poo poo he's into, he could be ruining my afterlife.

I am now your biggest fan, forums poster DNova.

So, nine years and 105 episodes later, I can't help wondering: Are there any insane situations that the Gang hasn't either caused or been in yet? I can only think of a few and they'd probably be too expensive for a smaller network like FXX to produce.

Also, about their realization that they're all alcoholics and their decision not to do anything about it: Did that give anyone else a massively dark laugh? This show walks a fine line between dark and absurd but something about that scene shocked me. It's like, they're so loving depraved at this point that discovering they're alcoholics was just one more thing to add onto the pile. So they go ahead and just do their Boyz II Men practice, cuz hey whatever. This show has blown my mind with the crazy stuff they say and do, but that was the first time I really felt like I was staring into the abyss with them.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

...yes? Why? Are you trying to say that there's plenty more depraved/silly situations they could find themselves in? Cuz I'm having trouble picturing them but maybe I just lack imagination.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

VDay posted:

I can't wrap my head around the small possibility that this is a thing that a real person said and actually believes. This is the kind of thought Charlie would have.

Hey, Charlie wrote a musical and made it possible for spydars to talk to cats. I'll take it as a compliment.

But if you're being for real, then I don't get the complaint. The Gang has been in so many insane situations, how many more could they possibly get into? Without repeating themselves and still being airable, anyway. I mean, I guess they haven't been in a plane crash or an S&M orgy but they aren't going to either for obvious reasons. Personally, I just want to see Mac's dad one more time so we can find out he named his kid Ronald McDonald.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

There is of course, another category, where drunknessess is confused with awesomeness.

I believe this statement can also be applied to The Gang.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Sammus posted:

If you can relate to them, there is probably something wrong with you. Well, maybe Charlie is relatable. Who wouldn't want to hang out under bridges, hunt for treasure in the sewer, huff paint, and catch ghouls.

I have a theory that how much you like Sunny depends on whether you've met people who remind you of the Gang.

A lot of my friends don't like the show, but I love it. In my life, I have known: A frat bro who was kind of shallow but had this easy-going charm that made him likable -- until you got to know him & saw how much of a creepy date rapist & manipulator of women he was; A guy in his 30s who still liked all the same dumb poo poo he liked at 12 (wrestling, fireworks, BMX, stupid action movies) and acted like a dumb 12yo every time he enjoyed it; a girl who seemed sort of lonely, pathetic and in need of a friend -- until you saw that she was so negative, judgmental and competitive that you got why no one came near her. Do any of those personalities sound familiar? Not everyone meets people like that in their lives, though, so maybe people like the Gang seem too impossible to exist for them.

I haven't really given this theory any serious consideration so take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

Did anyone else bust out laughing at the exchange between Charlie and Mac after Cricket wished them well on Family Fight? I thought it was just a perfect summary of their characters -- Mac's totally oblivious to how awful they are, Charlie kinda gets it but doesn't much care.