Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
At first I wasn't really into the episode because it felt too predictable. She's gonna get big, go back to her old ways and crash, return to status quo. But holy poo poo did that payoff come out of nowhere and was amazing.

"he's probably gonna kill himself" :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

KenjiKaizoku posted:

Also, I'm sure it's obvious, but I feel it's worth pointing out anyway that Dennis was literally perusing through a "binder full of men" while looking for someone for Dee. :cool:

He likes to bind.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Don't know why but my favorite gags this episode were the giant Incredible Hulk hand over Mac and Dennis' TV and Ben's sleeping cap. Well, favorite after all the coil stuff and "units".

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hughmoris posted:

Dee fleeing the scene and headbutting the car door is one of the funniest moments of the show for me.

I feel like rewatching it but can't remember which episode it's from. All I remember is that the waitress is in it.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sefal posted:

I think it was "Who pooped the bed"

oh, so that's why I only remembered Dee's plot. Must have blocked off the rest.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Davros1 posted:

Would the guys even do Dee Day?

They would probably schedule her for last and say gently caress it we're bored when it's finally her turn.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I like to think that Charlie has never seen Up, he just thinks using balloons to make a house fly is something you can do.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Barf Wight posted:

Dee's religious southern army carny veteran with a stutter was amazing.

"throat c-c-c-cancer from eating bad pussy"

At first I thought it was just some random joke, but then I remembered that Michael Douglas thing and it floored me.
This episode had so many great moments, definitely one of my favorites.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Found it weird that the waitress just reached for the whine like it's no big deal despite being an alcoholic.
I think the trailer ruined this episode for me. It revealed the spydar scene, so the first time they showed Charlie doing science stuff I figured out it's a placebo. Which is a funny word.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Fast Luck posted:

He also lost all his money and then got bailed out, so really who knows.

He also made a poo poo load after stripping his old company and selling it to the Chinese.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

LividLiquid posted:

Rock flag and eagle, right Charlie?

Rock flag and eagle.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Under the boardwalk.

No! No! No! That's not magical!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Russian Frank must be amazing.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

http://www.theonion.com/article/horrified-pope-calls-philadelphia-humanitys-greate-51398

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Not a top tier episode, but still good. I'm not sure why they chose to open the season with a callback episode, I feel anyone who hasn't seen Chardee MacDennis 1 is gonna be completely lost.

Mac and Charlie talking about not being cats made me hope we'll see Maureen somewhere this season.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Cojawfee posted:

They spent the entire episode explaining the game to a new person. It was clearly explained how they got to talking about the game and every stage was explained again. How would anyone feel lost?

Explaining the game to a new person was pretty much what they did the first time. This time they had to make room for the level 4 twist and for a bunch of changes they had to add so it won't it feel like a rerun for people who are familiar with he concept, so it felt (to me at least) like they rushed through it. For people familiar with Always Sunny and the first episode it's fine, but I think that if my first exposure to the show was this episode I would think it's is huge mess.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I started watching Westworld and I can't unsee Jimmi Simpson as Liam McPoyle.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Dee busting out the anthrax is the hardest I laughed at a show in a while. It just seemed so plausible that at this point the gang would casually send each other anthrax envelopes.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

emanresu tnuocca posted:

IIRC, Charlie's is said to have never left Phillie in the roadtrip episode, then he leaves Phillie for the first time in the 'stranded in the woods' episode, then Jersey Shore, afterwards California in the Wade Boggs episode and lastly, if you want to count it, he goes to the suburbs in the latest season.

Wasn't he knocked out in the trunk for "stranded in the woods"?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Get the guy who played the child molester Dennis looked like.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I liked it :shrug:

Would've been nice to have Cindy for 2-3 episodes and show the gang actually getting better when they're not constantly being belittled.

Same with the waitress and charlie, feel like they could've done more with that before hitting the reset button.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
My least favorite part was probably the waitress and the doll, because it was just so expected that I hoped they'll do something different.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Krankenstyle posted:

Although there were never any injuries, everyone recalls a freak flip that happened during rehearsals once the rain had been added to a section of the dance they called “the death spiral.” Faulk practiced it first with McElhenney to make sure that Shea would be safe. He was supposed to swing her around, twirl her with one hand, and then let her go in the gushing water, but something unexpected happened when he moved his foot and lost the grip. As Faulk spun, McElhenney flipped forward, landing like a ninja to prevent her from falling. “It was insane!” said Shea, who watched it happen alongside Moctezuma.

“I don’t know what happened there, it was like holdover jujitsu training,” McElhenney recalled. “I lost my footing and I did some kind of bizarre flip and landed like Spider-Man. Unfortunately, the cameras weren’t rolling.”

:madmax:

if he had a gun with him he'd be spraying bullets into the air as he fell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

.edu