Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Just saw the new episode...oh my god, that's all I can say. Totally did not see the ending coming, and yet it was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I liked Mac and Charlie getting into the gun vs. sword debate.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The Gang Broke Dee was great, Gun Fever Too was ok, this episode was amazing.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Wait, are there seriously actual bars that exist that are lit up like a rainbow and have drama between the bartenders and poo poo?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Did you entirely miss the point of the episode or was there some post that implied this?

Harry posted:

I loved how like a minute before that they were talking about how you don't want too many and then it cuts to like 15 thugish looking black guys at the bar. I thought it was a great episode. The bar scene was also a spoof on actual bars like that that are just terrible.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

You know how a lot of Americans say they don't get British humor? I feel like Sunny would be like that for foreign audiences.

Edit: And just as I make that post, the one above me appears. Shows how much I know. :downs: Glad to hear it's popular over there though.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 26, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This episode was pretty predictable but it had some great moments, like turning the pyramid upside down and The Maniac being The Maniac.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ben was the highlight of the episode for me. He's just such a sharp contrast from the gang.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Well now that's the second time I've seen Danny DeVito fully nude on camera.\

What I don't get is why they had to wait until he was in the coil before yanking off his pants.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Oh my god, Frank flushing Country Mac down the toilet. :stare:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

I laughed my rear end off at that, and then the gang even addresses it later "...and where does he even keep getting these beers from? The fact that we don't know actually kind of makes it badass.", etc.

I like to think that he didn't have a beer when he jumped in, he actually managed to produce a fresh beer from the river. Such a badass. :allears:

It's like Kenshiro's shirts.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The Facebook page just posted the synopsis for next week.

quote:

When a routine trip to a convenience store places the gang in the middle of an armed robbery, each of them is forced to explore how they react in extreme situations.

Wednesday cannot come fast enough.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I kept waiting for Charlie's dream until I realized that they were saving the best for last.

And I was right.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

That's like the third reference to it in the series and I still don't know exactly what it is.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

JakeP posted:

Night crawlers? Its when you turn the lights out and crawl around your apartment like a worm. (Blankets could be dirt?)

Is that what it is? I always thought it involved feet for some weird horrible reason.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Frank was by far the best thing about this episode. I also loved Charlie's beer suit.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Charlie is going to make a beer-powered Jager in the Pacific Rim sequel.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

If you watched Godzilla and Transformers and Voltron as a kid then you'll love the movie.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Just chalk it up to Charlie's illiteracy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

It's like The Gang Broke Dee all over again, except Charlie doesn't give a gently caress.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

it's either this, or Frank's "your mother was a giant who-are."

That's the best I can do for a phonetic spelling of the way Frank says "whore."

Hoor

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Mac still can't act.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

If this was the series finale then I couldn't be more satisfied. But of course if there really are gonna be more episodes then I'm all the more happy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

El Murguista posted:

I'm a fan of absurd stuff so that colors my perceptions. I'd agree that in season 6 and some of 7 and 8 there was a slump in funny.

This got me thinking, I wouldn't mind Frank becoming a supporting character. He's just not as funny as the rest of the crew. Don't get me wrong he's great when he's doing Rambo ("THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD!") but that's the only way to fit him into scenes and keep the laughs going. This has already happened in episodes like Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare and I think they were stronger for that. If Frank appeared once an episode from now on I'd be okay with that.

No. Frank needs to be part of the main cast for as long as the series goes on, or until Danny Devito dies.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Sunny x Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is officially a thing.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Went and saw the Lego movie last night without knowing that Charlie plays the 80's spaceship guy. Was pleasantly surprised.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I like it when episodes have happy endings. :)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Mac has always been all talk and no action. He's that kid who said his uncle is a Green Beret and taught him 50 different ways to kill a man.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

The Gang Leeches Torrents

Go torrent me a hoagie off the internet.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

TheBizzness posted:

I really like the way the show has shifted The Waitress from being somewhat sympathetic albeit slightly pathetic to being just the worst.

Yeah, she's a Patriots fan.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

People hate Spies Like US? That whole episode is nothing but great all the way through.

My least liked ep is The Gang Broke Dee. The whole plot revolves around the gang being unnecessarily meanspirited for no reason and you can see the punchline coming a mile away. At least Frank's Brother has a couple funny gags here and there.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nearly busted out laughing at Charlie and Frank being naked from the waist down

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Wait.

Thundergun has a son?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

With unhinged people under 30 using the word boomer constantly to describe every boogeyman in the world it's hard to keep it all straight.

Sorry, would you prefer "millenial/libtard"?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

Those are equally as stupid, same with chud. It's all one big assblast.

South Park thread is thatway ->

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

everyone over the age of 0 should be murdered

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Seeing the gang's schemes die before even getting off the ground was strangely satisfying.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Number one rule of comedy: You can get away with anything so long as you're funny,

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

conservatives are too dumb to understand when they're subtly being made fun of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I don't blame them at all for somewhat regretting the Li'l Kev episode but it also worked as well as it did in spite of that because he got the last laugh at the end of the epside.

As opposed to, say, Carmen, who takes a while to get her last laugh and because of that makes her early episodes a bit collar-tuggy to watch.