Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

It'd be funny if the episode they released early was actually like, episode 5 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Frank and Charlie start printing t-shirts & merchandise (egg?) featuring Pepe the frog not knowing that Pepe is associated with the alt right. Frank embraces the grift, only to become dismayed that the alt right has moved on to 'groyper' now, which Dennis explains is "like Pepe, but not.You see Frank, it's all really quite stupid." Charlie on the other hand would embark on a fools errand to try and 'reclaim' Pepe, only to find out nobody actually knows or gives a gently caress about a cartoon frog, while the rest of the gang does something completely different

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

ShoogaSlim posted:

posted this on a discord always sunny server, but i started realizing how many food related jokes/things pop up throughout the series. this is the result of my initial notes plus input from others. thought you guys might enjoy. some are a stretch but still fun

code:
wolf cola
fight milk
invigaron berries
pop-pop’s hospital soup
wine in a can
rum ham
mother’s milk
piping hot spaghetti (extra sloppy)
delaware runoff crabs
shrimp boat/boiled barnacles
snapper fish
beer soaked worms
mac’s famous mac n cheese (hunks of dog meat)
regular chicken sandwich (no beak)
frank’s convenience store robbery hot dog
squash and beef
meat cube
hair bacon bits
wendy's hamburger bun
chimichanga
peaches (real ones)
grilled charlie
bucket of chestnuts
EGG
riot juice
orgy buffet
lemons
milksteak boiled over hard and raw jelly beans
energy balls
pocket candy
chewing gum
sedative brownies
caribbean paradise (like bustin a nut)
dave and buster's steaks
north korean microbrews
flip cup poison
quarantine ceiling pizza
sushi off a jap broad's tits
mac's burnt breakfast at donna's

good list, left off 'the ingredients of a cake'

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

soup, and then later dish water, was almost eaten out of a shoe

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh, lets not forget the blood capsules

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

luxury handset posted:

a for-profit corporation choosing to remove depictions of blackface without being heckled into doing so is actually a pretty good sign of social progress.

large corporations like hulu are directly responsible for the subjugation of oppressed peoples. they are not our allies.

look at how streaming is destroying the landscape for television and film. it is harder than ever to make it in the industry. guess which group in the industry this is most dire for, hint, it isn't white people

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

progress would be if we tore down our legacy media companies and redistributed their capital to create a public art fund, which would benefit marginalized voices much more than any 'diversity initiative' Hulu could take.

anyways, i wonder if floating around in the ocean for hours gave the rum ham a nice brine

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

Not all blackface is racist, either. In that article, some of the examples are just costumes. Jenna wearing a Lynn Swann costume in a 30 Rock episode isn't doing blackface. It was Halloween costume. Dressing up as a non specific "black football player" could be racist. Well, probably is. A specific person, however, isn't. That's just a costume.

uh, it being 'part of a costume' doesn't make it not black face you absolute loving moron

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

"huh? i'm not wearing black face. i'm wearing sammy davis jr face. its different if its an homage to a specific person!!!!!"

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

Yes it does. If her not having the makeup changes what the costume is.

the costume is racist. the context of it in the show, with her being an idiot oblivious to why the costume would be offensive, is the joke. the joke itself is not racist, because of the context, but the costume is still literally blackface.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress it i'm doing a 180, maybe people are too stupid to 'get it'

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

Is Nuka Zeus racist because he has darkened his skin because he identifies as black?

there's probably a lot going on there, but to keep it short, yes

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

we do see the start of frank day. he starts by flushing country mac down the toilet

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

season 4 is mixed, there’s some really clever writing in there that’s honestly as good as anything else they’d done, but the script needed tightening, and the production was worse than it needed to be, even beyond the obvious issue caused by not being able to afford having the cast all together. One of the biggest issues I think was—with the show being an early experiment for Netflix’s original series—how the episodes didn’t have a cap on the runtime. That sort of freedom can be a benefit sometimes, but AD clearly benefited from having that tight structure. tons of things go on way longer than they needed to in season 4.

the season 4 recut is a lot better for the first few episodes, but then it somehow turns into an absolute mess that’s somehow even more difficult to follow than the original, and every episode has like five minutes of recaps shoved in

Season 3 is great, though its sad it got cut down

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

IF YOU WANTED A CHIP YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BAG AT THE HAMBURGER STORE

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmao that looks really promising

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

probably just a guy from duncan's crew, the resemblance to the qanon shaman is just a coincidence

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

even from season 1, the underage drinking episode is still one of the all-time best of the show

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the podcast is good, they make up for not remembering too much from the 1st season by telling stories about finding dead bodies

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they cant have kaitlin on for at least the first season or they run the risk of getting into some messy discussion regarding the original dee actress

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

not to mention one of the initially pulled episodes has already been added back on

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the big punchline to episode 1 got me

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Sammus posted:

Apparently this might’ve happened to Disney, with their What-Ifs cartoons. They tried to get all their stars to voice their cartoon likenesses, and mostly succeeded. When the ones they didn’t get were asked about it, some mentioned their agents not even telling them about the opportunity.

naw the mouse gets through when it wants to. they hired people they wouldnt have to pay as much

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

havent seen the eps yet but charlie + monkey = comedy gold i would hope.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

she made cricket eat a dog turd in high school

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

just remembered that dee set her college roommate on fire because 'she was copying [her]'

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

dee is a bird

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Professor Wayne posted:

The Closed sign is turned on and they're clearly open

thats the coors sign, charlie turns it on every day so that ppl know they have ice cold coors at the bar

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

yeah dennis and dee have both looked off for a couple seasons. they directly lampooned this for dennis on dee day. but its really not a big deal and lol at talking this much about it

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they helped out the juarez family :)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

and bill ponderosa probably has nothing but nice things to say about his sponsor, frank

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

So you're arguing that Shelly Kelly's brother, Jack, moved to America with Charlie's mom and then got an American accent and just hung around with them for years?

honestly i wouldnt put it past that guy

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

they should recycle every dee boyfriend plot for Mac. have him date a priest, a cat burglar, a guy who might be mentally retarded, an army-man. all plots ripe for a Mac spin.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hell, maybe ol' Bill Ponderosa isn't opposed to swimming both ways

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

id like to have jimmi simpson on as a guest, he's an interesting fellow

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Hasn't it already been established that Charlie sold off most if not all of his shares to the other guys at various times to make ends meet?

he gave mac a poo poo load of shares one time for a sandwich

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i want dice on as a regular. why not have two very old crass men hobbling around the bar? sounds like comedy gold to me.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

oh dice is younger than i thought. 64 is the new 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

and then there's frank's scenes in their lethal weapon movies