Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
Hahaha holy poo poo Dennis actually trying to do the loving D.E.N.N.I.S system on his sister, more specifically that speech at the plane was very reminiscent of his Inspire Hope speech from when he was D.E.N.N.I.S-ing the pharmacist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

ultramiraculous posted:

This only minutes after they blame Dee for "taking it to far" by "joking" about being suicidal.

"I took it too far?!"

"Yeah that's what I said"

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Justin Godscock posted:

Hell, Seinfeld started to show signs of fatigue by Season 8. Always Sunny has arguably had it's two best seasons with 7 and 8 and there doesn't seem to be any indication of a slowdown in quality though I kinda hope they do wrap it up with Season 10 because nothing lasts forever.
They can stop doing Always Sunny when I'm dead.

There's honestly no show I like half as much as Always Sunny. I don't want it to end, they've only just begun their second act, after all.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

Uhh that's constitutional law expert Jack Kelley thank you very much.

You may have just hit the point where you don't like the show anymore. You clearly can't explain why but you don't have to. It's just tastes. Still think you're crazy though.
Now how is that tasteless?

Also, great callback to Dennis and Dee go on welfare, with the very slight rolling down of the window.

Compared to last weeks episode there were not as many laughs on my end. I enjoyed Charlie just pulling the trigger on his unloaded gun at the slightest provocation.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

redweird posted:

Mac calls his katana a 'sabre', revealing he knows even less about fighting than we though.
When he said sabre I thought for a second he was going to whip out the Ali Baba sword. This was probably the very same katana he bought with the company credit card way back in season 3.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
Wow. One of the all-time best episodes for sure. I was laughing pretty much non-stop when non-edgy Paddy's Pub started. Everything was terrific.

Aatrek posted:

I loved Dee telling Mac that "his mother is a cigarette".
And he just went right to choking her, like he had threatened Dennis with earlier.

I want Charlie to do his final song as the acceptance speech if they ever get an Emmy or something.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

timpanihilistic posted:

This episode kind of reminded me of "The Gang Recycles Their Trash". It was funny in its own right, but made even funnier for long time fans of the show with a little bit of extra knowledge. I was dying when Mac was rehearsing lines with Dee and Dennis. "I came at you hard..." and then his whole cooldown after he flies off the handle.
This was so great in every way.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

mwells_cubed posted:

I love any episode where the gang's antics affect normal people, so this was top notch.

"Some people say it's even better than bustin' a nut! :haw: "
Just tell me where to jizz so I can get this woman her drink

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Karki posted:

Well you're in good company because I still don't know what that's a reference to.
I'm guessing it was just a very obvious nod the fact that this was all about the Emmys, which do have a music category, and the fact that Charlie basically wrote the theme song for the lovely sit com Sunny that they tried out at the industry party.

I didn't think there was anything more to it than that, but I could be very wrong.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

No one under 25 should be excited to hear the Spice Girls considering that their first and only hit was released 17 years ago.
First and only hit? Were things different in the us? I remember more than one hit, that's for sure.

Anyway, when the gang was discussing if their location was all wrong I wondered for a second if they were going to look for an even more obscure location, but I guess they didn't feel like bringing more attention to the FXX move. It would've probably made the episode too bloated anyway.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

El Murguista posted:

I connected the dots right as Howerton delivered the last line. It doesn't help that Sunny for me is traditionally a "turn off your brain and enjoy it" show so I wasn't asking the questions I normally would.

The subtlest episode before this was probably The Gang Goes Jihad back in Season 2, wherein the gang gets a notice to vacate the pub by an Israeli businessman because they're "on his land." In the same episode said businessman almost bangs Dennis and Dee's mom and ends up selling the land to Frank so he can be part of the gang. So this episode was a bit of a curveball.

It certainly didn't affect my enjoyment of the episode and it was nice to see Charlie being the most meta character rather than Dee (e.g. Dee's "We've literally had this conversation before," line in The Gang Recycles Their Trash). I'm looking forward to see how subtle they're willing to get; in one of the interviews someone posted Day mentioned it's been harder to come up with material since season 8 but it's made them better writers.
This episode wasn't subtle at all though. Some people didn't get it because they don't pay attention to awards or whatever, but that doesn't mean it's subtle.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Emmys don't have a Best Song category. :v:

They do have "Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics" though, you might even call music and lyrics a song!

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

TraderStav posted:

"and he has a boner again"
At least this time it makes sense, right?

The bodybuilder reveal was great and the gang botching the project badass shoot. "Mac is jumping off the bridge!" "We don't know his name" "His name is Rudy, I believe"

Country Mac was the best, Sean William Scott nailed it. "you bring a knife to a fight, you better be ready to use it, jabroni"

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The line about not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle definitely not being badass cracked me up. Always Sunny's version of "So here's what we learned today" at the end of an episode is always funny as hell considering how ridiculous the circumstances are for them to get to that point every time.

I really want to see Charlie and Frank get their own day episode.
The whole gang being naked in the sewer looking for treasure and ghouls for an entire day.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

El Murguista posted:

"Lemme ask, are you good at playing characters?"

:smug:

There is no thread long enough to do this episode justice.
That was so loving good.

I can't describe how much I love this episode, simple stuff like Mac not getting puns and Rex being a buff angel and Charlie and the waitress eating an entire block of cheese for dinner.

"Nyte Kroller Roolz"

edit: :lol: there are Load Wipers in the Covington's House credits!

Barf Wight fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 10, 2013

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

She looks like the Grinch, if the Grinch were a bird.

She's a beautiful blonde lady, not bird-like at aaaall

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
hahahah as soon as I saw Frank's hand sanitizer slug trail I knew something crazy was going to come up.

Dee's religious southern army carny veteran with a stutter was amazing.

"throat c-c-c-cancer from eating bad pussy"

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

"Do I have to put on training wheels for this conversation or what's going on?" had me rolling, that burn was hilarious.

Really bummed The League keeps getting previews over the end music, don't sully Police Academy with an unfunny show :argh:
:laffo: Charlie played an arrogant dick so well. Stephen Hawking being a 'Lady Gaga' type, that is total science bitch talk!

Frank's talk about Charlie being the foundation was so good as well, started of sorta sweet but then went dark with "where does the foundation belong?"

Also I have a question for you guys, regarding episode 100. Charlie and The Waitress has kids (from the Baby Store), those kids then show up later with kids of their own. Did all the Charlie Juniors and Waitress Juniors have kids with each other?

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

I love Dennis' little smirk like he was so close to breaking character. I would love to see some extra takes of this scene.
He was trying to get off

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

DNova posted:

It will change everything. For the better? One hopes.

hahaha that loving wicker wheelchair, it could've been any wheelchair but he just had to get a wicker wheelchair and a blanket like when Mac and Dennis pretended to have polio. I'm cracking up just looking at that gif.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

armoredgorilla posted:

"Ahhhhhh, cat in the wall, huh?" is the best line reading in the show.
Definitely.

HelmetCheese posted:

My whoooooooooore wife. At least that's how I hear it when he drags the word out.
DID YOU BANG MY HOOOOR WIFE? Does anyone else have any illegitimate children with my HOOR wife?!

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

"You know maybe, instead of running away from this baby thing.."
- "Oh my god let's run right at the baby!"
"Run right at the baby!"
- "AND RUN HIM OVER AND BASH HIM THE STUPID NERD!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTRtJe-x1E&t=48s
I've watched every blooper reel so many times, everything is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0F_Jah_R4&t=111s

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Funny, I thought this season was the most consistently good for years.
I don't totally agree, but only because I think the last few seasons were strong as well.

I do get where people are coming from when they say it's been going downhill, though. The show definitely has a different feel some of the time, than in the early seasons, unlike some of you guys I just like where it's going.

For me, pretty much only Gun Fever Too: Still Hot and Lethal Weapon 6 were sort of sub par Sunny episodes, and they still had a lot of hilarious parts.

This show could be half as good and still be the funniest show on TV.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

HelmetCheese posted:

That reminds me, probably my favorite Frank line of all time: "Welcome to our legitimate show of kids!"

Man, that episode was just chock full of amazing Frank moments. Definitely one of my favorites.
"Mortician, you ever bang the dead bodies?"

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

CPFortest posted:

That quiz is hilarious.

I ended up with Charlie.
I got the waitress.

FadingChord posted:

I'm not wild about Fight Milk, but Mac's storyline is otherwise pretty good. I love how quickly Dee and Dennis turn on him and while the whole "getting off" joke doesn't really pay off the way it should, Mac and Dennis arguing about whether or not they're going to bang the caddy is probably the highlight of the episode.

Well, that and Frank fixing the printer.
I crack up every time Charlie says "makes you soar high as a crow!"

For bodyguards, by bodyguards

Edit: or is it "makes your profits soar high as a crow!"?

Barf Wight fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 10, 2014

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
Saw this on Glenn's twitter, didn't see it full-size though.

Dee in full "Aluminum Monster" regalia is great, so is Mac's dad with a huge knife.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
Frank's Countach! Man I keep noticing new stuff.

The "Coors" sign as well... Whoever made that was no donkeybrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Whoever made the Scott Pilgrim game on XBLA absolutely nailed the formula, they should just reskin it for every interested franchise and cash in. It's not as if the actual game mechanics would need to be any different, just change the sprites up and re-release. Easy money/Paddy's Fun Bucks.
Thus creating the self-sustaining economy we've been working towards!