Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Gang Comes Out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Check the thread, Doakes posted the same pic like 5 posts above yours, cmon.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The first season to me is like 3-4 different versions of Sunny the gang were experimenting with before they stuck with the eventual style and tone (That is the tone of Charlie Was Molested and Charlie Has Cancer, basically). The other episodes just have so much different stuff, like Dee being a better person than the rest of the gang and the gang actually coming up with plans and following through on them. The first season also has Dennis nearly blowing Charlie's head off with a pistol, it's weird.

I still like it but whenever I just want to watch some sunny episode to get a few laughs I rarely pick a season one episode.

I've been random watching a few episodes lately, and haven't picked a season 1 one. Although in my case I'm considering Frank too who really adds a lot to the whole thing.

Season 1 does hit the ground running though, establishing a lot in just the first episode, with the gang being terrible people, Charlie and the Waitress, and their insecurities (the underage drinking episode for example)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

Would it have been funnier if they never once mentioned fat mac at all

He was cultivating mass, wtf is this "fat" bullshit?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Picture quality is trash garbage (I couldn't get another pic :smith: ) but as son as I saw it on the menu, I knew I had to share.

I didn't get it :(

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dee posted:

I suppose I am the jabroni then.

You're the bird. You can't be both, bozo, that's not how it works.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 19, 2017

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I had no idea until reading this thread that the Charlie scene(s) are/were a reference to a specific thing. I still liked them.

Dunno if I'd have liked them more or less if I'd seen MaM, but it worked for me :shrug:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Can some of you jabronies refreshen my memory and tell me what is going on with the sleepy old man that they share their bed with?

When Dennis and Mac moved to the suburbs, there was a bet that if they couldn't make it for a month, they'd have to sleep with an old man. Dee later got in on that bet.

They lost the bet, so they have to sleep with an old black man.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I would like a happy ending, either a long special, or a half season or something that shows how it got there. Showing Charlie and the Waitress getting better, if they do stick together. Showing Mac get to terms with his own stuff, Dee probably ditching the toxicity of it, maybe doing her comedy, or running the bar.

Not sure about Frank. Maybe divine intervention and he makes amend with the... Uh... Millions, probably, of people whom he's harmed (directly or indirectly)

Edit: VV: poetic, I like it

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 9, 2017

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm going to have to find a new regular show if that happens. Any ideas?

I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's the exact opposite of Sunny in tone (the cast isn't utter assholes, for example), but it's still getting some good comedy. Dunno if you'd love it, but it's an idea.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cockblocktopus posted:

I've known about the "original Sweet Dee" thing for a while but I literally just learned that they filmed multiple versions of the bird scene:

Why are you just posting a picture of Kaitlin Olson?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

It's also missing the sexual relationship between Frank and Gail the Snail. And between Frank and Artemis

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Takes No Damage posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1qVlfhq.mp4

Mods gave the all clear, so I guess we're doing this :ohdear:]

Finally we know what the rules are!

Thanks for doing this

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Super Deuce posted:

I don't know how someone can be upset about the black face in Sunny when it was always specifically to show how racist it appears when it's done. Like, that's the entire point. Further, it's even dumber to get upset about it related to Sunny because they had way more racial jokes than just putting some makeup on someone, but those are okay?

I mean, S1E1 is "The Gang Gets Racist", and they're being racist. If someone sees an isolated screencap of the blackface stuff, clutches their pearls, and denounces it devoid of context, authorial intent, or even actual depiction of what happens in the show, that's just uninformed, and frankly, to be disregarded.

It's the kind of media "analysis" that early-2010s Tumblr was doing, and I'm glad it's mostly gone from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Carthag Tuek posted:

i will not, that would defeat the entire purpose

i dont want to know the result of the win/lose situation, i want to know if the situation is resolved

In a freak turn of events, a wizard froze the players in a pocket time dimension, the game is ongoing but will never continue. Sorry.