Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like it's part of my cable package :toot: HD, too. Which is weird because I thought I had the most basic of Comcast HD packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"And I'm a garbage man!" :haw:

Good to be back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was loving incredible.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

emanresu tnuocca posted:

*click click click* It's so easy to get you.

I love it when Charlie shows that despite being an illiterate paint huffer he is in fact a lot smarter than Mac.
Mac's incompetence with anything related to self-defense is one of my favorite running gags. The sword wound just killed me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If they were trying to be realistic the gang would have been in jail or dead by season 2.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fat Ogre posted:

Dennis and Dee were totally anti-gun and spit out all the stupid rhetoric about how easy it is to get a gun, how simple it is, how anyone can just get it, how it doesn't make you safer and then systematically prove themselves wrong and in the end realize they didn't know what they were talking about. That if it is so easy to get an assault weapon why couldn't they get one?
Well, they could have gotten one at the gun show if they weren't trying to get out of actually paying money for it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's a bad sitcom bar. This is amazing.
Oh my god, why is Charlie not there with them?!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB posted:

Oh my god, why is Charlie not there with them?!
The answer is writing the themesong to a sitcom bar :allears:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sitcom bar was so great, I wish they had just kept it there for the whole episode.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Reset Smith posted:

This episode was all meta all the way through, but I loved it! Has Sunny really never been nominated for an award? That seems crazy.
...it's us, isn't it?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sometimes a man stuck in a coil is just a man stuck in a coil.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You could say that episode was...badass.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not sure why but Dennis' line about Mac ruining his afterlife just slayed me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There are certainly some...implications with Dennis' dream.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my GOD that was incredible :stare:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
First episode of season 2, "Charlie Gets Crippled". Danny DeVito's first episode!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think my favorite bit of over-exposition wasn't from Mac, but rather Charlie taking out the photo of the twins.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bizarro Bruce showing up was my favorite gag. I think it would have been even funnier if they had just slammed the door in his face though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think my favorites this season were Mac Day and The Gang Gets Quarantined, though again I felt top to bottom this season was great. Miss it already.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My favorite part is how quickly they jump on Country Mac's drinking problem and lack of a helmet after he dies.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think there has been a universally loved episode for this show since season 4. It's been weird like that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been down this road with Scrubs, and Sunny isn't anywhere close to the ratio of mediocre-to-good episodes that Scrubs had during its later seasons. It's doing just fine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Turtlicious posted:

The Detectives with the Jihad tape, jesus christ I legitimately can NOT stop laughing.
Ooooooooooooooooooooh shiiiit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The sequence of Mac grabbing the keys -> shoving Dee's Face -> Charlie throwing the chair through the window may be the most I've ever laughed at Sunny.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

quote:

...making the series the longest running live-action comedy in cable history.
What was the previous record holder?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In, uh, more normal matters, does anyone know what happened to season 9's Blu-ray? I was price watching it and it just up and vanished from amazon's listings. Did it even ever get released?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB posted:

In, uh, more normal matters, does anyone know what happened to season 9's Blu-ray? I was price watching it and it just up and vanished from amazon's listings. Did it even ever get released?
So I dug a little deeper and I guess 20th Century Fox is apparently just not doing Blu-ray releases anymore for TV shows? What the gently caress?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Wait a minute, to this guy is a pedophile?

Dude just can't catch a break can he.
No, it was Stephen Collins who played Bruce Mathis (Dennis and Dee's biological father).

E: Oh, ha ha. I get it now. That's funny. You're funny. Good one.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 12, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Baron von Eevl posted:

Good news:

Unfortunately, the link only leads to a DVD page right now.
Where did you see this?

I mean, even the official website just lists "Season 9 on DVD". I want to believe but it's not looking good :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Figured Mac was going to wind up beaning Charlie in the head.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Shitfaced Charlie was the funniest part of that episode for me.
Dee slowly trundling off on the carrousel was mine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I also loved loved the dig about Selig Mac sweeping Dee's greenie use under the rug.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some killer lines in this one. No snakes or smells? What else is there?!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's hard to know where to begin with an episode like that, but for now I'll just say that I completely lost it when it cut to Frank playing the flute while covered in black paint.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I loved how the entire gang had no clue why they were doing any of the things they were doing, but just kind of decided to go with the flow because I guess either they figured it was part of the steak plan or just for the hell of it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
AV Club has been really down on Sunny for years in a weird way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's maybe the third or fourth super meta episode they've done over the whole run and all of them have been pretty great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This was the first thing I ever saw of Sunny :haw:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Drunk Charlie as a ref: "DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
ROCK, FLAG, AND EAGLE!

Pretty sure that is a Charlie Original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was the funniest ep in a long god drat time, holy poo poo. Shades of Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom. Favorite part being Mac failing to throw Charlie out of the bar.