Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The highschool reunion episode is on right now. I loving love it. I just realized that the reason Brad was giving out name tags was just so he could beat the poo poo out of Charlie had he shown up. Then I was reminded Mac is Ronald McDonald.

edit: Jesus christ Charlie's underwear.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

romanowski posted:

It was heavily implied to the point where they may as well have just said "Frank is Charlie's dad," but they never actually 100% confirm it. It's definitely more than just speculation though.

Frank is definitely Charlie's dad. His mom had an abortion, but it didn't take.

Of course, she's also a huge whore, so there is a chance it could have been any number of guys...

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

TraderStav posted:

If I recall correctly, they are then sitting at a picnic table drinking in the same positions they were at the bar?

That's one of my favorite moments in the show. It opens up at 10am, with them at the bar which is covered in beers. Then it cuts to them outside at a picnic table, also covered in beers and still bitching.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

suboptimal posted:

A million times this. There have been so many episodes that I've initially thought were kind of meh that became brilliant to me upon another viewing, "The Gang Gets Trapped" being one of them. I'm in agreement that the low-water mark was "Frank's Brother."

I really liked "Frank's Brother." The idea of Frank being a cocaine tester in Columbia was amazing, it's like a mix between dream job and hell.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

There is nothing magical about buttsex under the board walk. Yes there is

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Turtlicious is so adorable, like others have said, I wish I could relive discovering Sunny for the first time. Have you discovered the joys of Dayman yet?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I just watched that episode a couple of hours ago, it was amazing!

When it first came out, the Dayman song took the world by storm. At my college town it wasn't uncommon to hear it sung at parties and bars. Dayman! Oooooh! Fighter of the Nightman! Ooooooh!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

What is that, a page from a coloring book?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

Just watched this randomly on Netflix the other night and god drat I'm hooked.

Only ~6 episodes in but I've never seen a show that so clearly gives no shits about me not relating to these terrible terrible people.

If you can relate to them, there is probably something wrong with you. Well, maybe Charlie is relatable. Who wouldn't want to hang out under bridges, hunt for treasure in the sewer, huff paint, and catch ghouls.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I love that episode, my favorite part might be Charlie telling someone, Mac I think, that he's gotta go fill in Dee's dick hole. His delivery of the line kills me every time I see that episode.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

My favorite is the bartender and waitress from "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award."

I mean...who can't help but love their "will they/won't they" dynamic? :allears:

I wish they would go back to that bar every week so we could find out.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Babygravy posted:

Yeah he mentions it in a few episodes. The honesty is brutal.

That's one of my favorite callbacks in the show. I laugh a little ever single time in Franks Pretty Woman when Dennis gets kinda jealous at Dee for smoking crack with Roxy. Also I'm pretty sure he makes a comment about checking her body for crack before they dispose of it, doesn't he?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Mac gives the best performance for the first few seasons, but Dee really wins out in the end.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

And both the McPoyles definitely have sex with Margaret, whether they bang each other is an unresolved mystery.

I can safely say I hope it stays that way.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This is my favorite non-canon piece of a sunny character's past https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqssfzVyrw.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Frank's Brother is actually pretty drat good.

This. Maybe it doesn't hold up as well as the others, but it's still really drat good and I like it.

Cocaine Tester for the Columbians in the 70s is an amazing dream job. Also, 70 year old Danny Devito playing 14 year old Frank Reynolds. And pulling it off.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

At first, was thinking that it's starting to feel to me like they have really amplified some of the character's traits this season moreso than ever before, with Dennis being a complete psychopath now (and KILLING IT. Holy poo poo is he good at being crazy). But I've come to realize that what's actually going on is that I still look at each episode as a random day in the lives of these people that could happen any time, when instead there is a huge degree of continuity season to season and even episode to episode.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Remember that Frank had ariline miles from pulling the Boggs stunt, so he already had a bunch to spend.

That highlights EXACTLY what i'm taking about. Outside of the addition of Frank to the crew, there was zero continuity between early episodes. That's the change.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 7, 2015

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's a good thing though that eventually he does get to fill her dickhole.

That's one of my favorite exchanges in the entire series.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This episode was fantastic. The knife scenes out of nowhere were amazing. I didn't know if I should gasp or laugh. Everything they did was funny.

And Charlie and Dee made a blood oath :3:

Also, holy poo poo. Dennis has kept in touch with that guy for 7 years just so he can steal Frank's money.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh, thanks! He always seemed like someone who never really cared about sex, come to think of it.

He banged the Taft chick all those times.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

Does Dee live in the same building as Dennis & Mac?

They moved into her apartment after theirs burned down.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I love how quickly everyone bought into it when Frank said his game was based on Operation.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The gang is just getting old but they are trying to not show it on the show, everybody is like 40 years old trying to look like they are in their 20s, maybe 30 still.

Dennis will never let himself look over 30. The day he starts to look old is the day he kills himself. And the rest of the gang.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

I can picture a reveal at some point that all the talk from Dennis about rope and the like is because he sees himself as some Batmanesque defender of Philadelphia.

It's fetish poo poo, he likes to bind and be bound.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

timp posted:

I've been rewatching Season 10 and I forgot about the part in Charlie Work where Charlie goes into the basement with the health inspector and she hits the CO2 detector twice. Charlie's reaction to being impressed with Frank hitting the note twice is hilarious once you know what's going on

When the camera pans around and you see Frank there is one of my favorite moments in the entire show. I have to question how Frank knew what to do though, since Charlie never has a moment to share his plan with him.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The poo poo these people have gotten away with on TV is amazing.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Holy poo poo, they did a ton of takes for The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell. Which is still one of my favorite episodes of all time.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

That creepy O face just made me remember that one of the greatest things Dennis has ever done was to punk out some hippy tree hugger by convincing him to chain himself to a tree, then going off and banging his girlfriend. How the mighty have fallen.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIx38k0QCf8

It's what Dee says when Charlie first presents Frank's certificate, you goddamn bitch.

I love Charlie's delivery through that entire bit. :perfect:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Loved it. The Charlie sex scene was amazing, and FXX is slightly insane for showing straight up soft core with a bit of blurring.

Them suddenly objecting to shoving your dick through a hole in the wall came off weird to me, it was never a problem in philly. Other than that, loved every minute of it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Pockyless posted:

He definitely came in the burrito

If not this burrito, a different burrito in the past.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Easychair Bootson posted:

I draw the line at taking a child to the tanning bed. Unless you're only putting him in there for a couple of minutes - just to get a base.

What about putting your kid in a room with 7 strangers and having him hang out in a small box while they have an orgy beside him?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

checkplease posted:

What's wrong with gimmick episodes anyways? We have 10 season of "normal" sunny, so why not try some strange stuff like Being Frank or a thematic one like the ski episode (which is similar in parody concept to the leathal weapons).
Granted, trying to do different things might not always work out as well, but I like when they try.

Some of my favorite episodes are gimmick episodes. Particularly, The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Eel hovercraft posted:

I love that the she had her own version of THE IMPLICATION, they really are twins :allears:

Well that's not supposed to happen.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Um, I'm looking for something that says "Mac likes leather"

He has a dream to open an imported leather goods shop in Arizona. It's discussed when The Gang Gets Trapped.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 5, 2016

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell is so loving good.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

QuasiQuack posted:

That episode has some of the best line deliveries in the entire show.

"I hope they hogtie you. And then I hope they rape you. In their basement. For ten years!"

I caught that episode like a week after this happened. I'm a terrible person for laughing in horror when he delivered that line.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Scorps posted:

Also when Charlie tries to get them to take down the "Speak American" sign in the bar during Charlie Work Frank says "What if he's a racist too?"

Also I don't understand why the Liberty Bell one is always listed in the worst episodes, I do understand Frank's Brother but I think Dee Makes a Smut Film or even Frank Falls Out The Window are worse than the Liberty Bell. Just personal opinion I never understood why it was received so badly, the image of them sodomizing the queen etc., Charlie and Frank and the guns, Dee spitting in crickets face, and the entire end with the globe stuffed in Charlie's shirt is hilarious to me.

Liberty Bell is one of the best episodes. Hands down. I still get giggles just thinking about Cricket's response to the drawing of the king being sodomized while the queen watches. That plus Charlie opening their story with a super dramatic "The year was 1492...."

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Hahah oh my god Frank totally is Charlie's dad and I love how Charlie's mom essentially says she tried to have him aborted after her second trimester, these jokes are super good and morbid

Yup, she tried but it didn't take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I completely lost my poo poo at this scene. It's just so perfect.