Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

What do we do with that information?

Just push it deep down and, y'know...keep an eye on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I feel robbed of a scene where Mac auditions guys for the shower part.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

That episode was a great tribute to the hosed up world the gang has left in their wake. It's like a bizarro version of the Seinfeld finale, instead of the gang getting any kind of comeuppance from the people they have wronged over the years they ended up sealing all of their enemies in a burning apartment. I know that wasn't THE finale but I still feel like it's an apt comparison. Other thoughts: I can't believe it took them this long to bring back Gail the Snail. Also, I lost it every time Frank was glaring at his landlord and some dumb 80s song was playing.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Mac Day was probably one of my favorite episodes of the show ever. Sunny has a very special brand of absurdity and it was in full effect in that episode.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dennis almost frothing at the mouth to answer that question is so good

BECAUSE DENNIS IS A BASTARD MAN

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I forgot all about Mac's "it's like busting a nut" bit in the Gang Tries to Win An Award epsiode and it loving killed me

"Just tell me where to jizz so I can get this lady her drink!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Charlie Rules the World is a great episode, but it's seriously a crime it wasn't called Dennis Blows Himself. It would have been the best cut to the title of all time.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Worked out great for Seinfeld.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

that episode was asinine in a glorious way

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

This explains the whole thing and I saw another story that said Wade Boggs ate chicken before every game so there you go. It's fun to learn.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Glad we finally have an official diagnosis for Dennis!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

God daaaaaamn. That was the best extended tracking shot since True Detective.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

BCBUDDHA posted:

does anybody miss borderline retarded charlie??? this season he's pretty much the smartest one in the gang

He's always been shockingly competent in certain contexts. This episode was entirely from his perspective and showed us he's the glue but the gang dismisses him completely, it makes you wonder how many other jams he's gotten them out of in the past when we weren't focusing on him.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Charlie has always applied intense focus to things that are important to him (The Nightman Cometh, Charlie Rules The World) so it's completely in character. I love how this season has kind of dealt with the reality of Paddy's between none of the gang actually serving drinks in the group dating episode or Charlie apparently being the only thing in between the gang's crazy schemes and the bar failing health inspections. It's absolutely insane to me that a show this old is still firing on all cylinders.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I just rewatched and oh my god that look on Dennis' face when Mac meekly comes up to ask him for credit for the plan

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

FireWorksWell posted:

Heeeeey Dennis.

Edit: Holy poo poo, on my rewatch of the most recent episode, I just noticed Frank was in the basement when Charlie took the inspector down there.

The first time Charlie is down there with Dee he's trying to figure out the note he has Frank play on the recorder to sound like the detector

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

So I'm not a "shipper" or whatever but how great was it that Dee and Charlie finally made out? There has been weird sexual tension there for the entire show. Also I loved that Frank's plot was basically that Seinfeld episode where Elaine found Bizzaro versions of everyone else.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dead in real life posted:

Since it seemed like the ending of the episode represented a reset to the status quo, my guess is that the Dee/Charlie thing will never be brought up or acknowledged again. This feels like it would be the most Sunny way to do it, and also the saddest, since that might've been these two broken people's only chance at happiness.

This show is really excellent at incrementally building on poo poo without going too far so I would actually expect to see more sexual tension between Charlie and Dee from now on.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Yeah, that episode felt straight out of season 3 or 4 in a good way.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

But they already broke Dennis, at the end of "The Gang Broke Dee" episode at the start of season 9. That's really when this all started, not this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FabP6Ym4_Es

His forced laugh is incredible.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

That blood bag was so gross, haha

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

One of the best parts of this show is how much it improves on rewatch. I personally tend to notice things like a great line reading I overlooked or one of the gang's reactions I never noticed in the background of a scene. Little details like that always end up warming me to episodes I initially wasn't crazy about. I'm not saying anyone is wrong to dislike particular episodes but it's just been such a weird and consistent phenomenon in these threads that even mostly disliked episodes are eventually looked back upon favorably a season or two later.

Except Frank's Brother, I think most of us can agree on that one.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

This video constantly drifts toward the word losing all meaning until an especially hilarious one snaps you right back into it. I think my favorite is Dee punching Mac in the dick.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dennis starting a cult is a pretty great endgame to all his sociopathy this season. To be fair, I would also start a cult to keep my friends from eating my Thin Mints.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

IMA SWEEDISH PLUMMER IM HEEERE TO FEEX THEE PAIPES

that's good, that's a good accent!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I don't like how one of them says they're going to "face the music" and write season 12 next year. Is that gonna be the end?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I did all the poops.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

It's so great that Charlie is able to nail every detail of their absurd chicken and air miles scheme without knowing a single previous thing about it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Lets embed this piece of perfection shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45eYIrloyQ

big props for using a song from the Transformers movie

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Dennis would probably still have a drink with Bill Cosby

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Glenn has had some amazing line readings this season. Particularly in this episode when he screams "YEAH???!?!" in response to the neighbor and the part in the ski episode where he's slapping the beers out of Charlie's hand and says "I'm very disappointed in yoooooouu!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Come on Frank, say something smart....

"I'm full of dog poison!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Psycho Pete returns is such a strange episode. It has the gang doing something good/nice, but out of their own selfishness. Them sending him off is one of the nicest things that they have ever done. The only other times that they did anything "good" was Charlie and the box with an H and when he went to the high school prom.

Let me just pop a quick "H" on this box so we know its full of hornets

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I loved that Dennis plot. That was about as warm and fuzzy as you can get with his character

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I could listen to Mac and Charlie CAAAAAAAWWW all day

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Mac and Dennis will bang
Chalrie and Dee will bang

Frank is going to watch

Frank will bang the yuck puddle

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Mac and Charlie brutalizing those kids was the hardest I've laughed in a long time. Great ending too, Rick Astley in the Range Rover is a hell of a callback.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I'm a cheesehead from Milwaukee but that was a great ending. I loved Frank's monologue about how all their assorted freaks are Philly and I loved that ending of actual fans celebrating over the Rocky victory music because like Mac said, there aren't that many songs about Philly.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

laughed pretty hard at Dennis flailing through songs on the boombox before saying "I...don't have a...dead kid...one"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

they actually took down the Lethal Weapon episodes because Mel Gibson bought the rights to make their exact version of it