Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Oh my god, I have to go back and watch this knowing it was a setup the whole time. It's like watching Fight Club the second time through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hey Guy who said last episode was an homage to Breaking Bad, what show was this for if the theme is their favorite shows this season?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

At least you don't have a sword problem, a far more serious issue.

I believe in Britain the distance between the seats of the two parties in Parliament is exactly 1.5 the average sword length or something for this very reason.

Note: my facts are prone to error

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TUS posted:

Can a gun cut through watermelon?!

Mac looked genuinely shocked that it went as well as it did!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

HelmetCheese posted:

I love how Mac is still referring to musclebound dudes as 'beefcakes'. Cracks my poo poo up whenever he does that.

And holy poo poo, what a season so far. Can't wait to see how the rest of it goes.

"and he has a boner again"

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Drifter posted:

Charlie'd find some sewer cheese and it'd be a happy day. :allears:

I remember the last time they were in the sewer it was the episode about trying to see that popular movie but getting stuck in traffic. They DID get naked in there. Hahah. Poor Dee. Was that also the episode where Frank stole a tour boat?

I don't know how many years left I have, but I'm going to get weird with them.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

IKillForPie posted:

You gotta ease up on talking about dicks man, it's just too much at this point.

Halloween costume idea... check.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Aatrek posted:

I laughed so goddamned hard when Charlie poured that beer into his helmet.

I laughed harder when I realized two minutes later the beer bottle was still in it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jubs posted:

So...why did Frank go insane?

Well, he was miserable and got a divorce and wanted to give all of his money away until Dennis and Dee convinced him not to....

Oh, this episode?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Requesting gif of Dennis and Mac oscillating to the romantic music while locking eyes and Mac subtly moves toward Dennis at the end.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

squeegee posted:

I don't know how many years on this earth I got left... I'm gonna get real weird with it.

Always_Sunny.txt

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

pincky posted:

My favorite quote is from "The Gang Gets Invincible" (3x02)

Right at the beginning Charlie's outburst is pitch-perfect

Of course soon followed by my 2nd favorite quote, by Frank

The great thing about the Charlie quote is, that it is also applicable to 90% of every online discussion :D

If I recall correctly, they are then sitting at a picnic table drinking in the same positions they were at the bar?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Senor Tron posted:

I assume you brush all the salt off after cooking?

This is America, son!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Loucks posted:

Don't worry. They're making more.

I'm looking forward to season 50 when they're all hanging around the bar with wheelchairs and walkers that they genuinely need.

All except Danny, that is. :smith:

Head in a jar behind the bar.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I saw standees for FX and Sons of Anarchy in the video store scene.

Meta.

I think the prodigious use of the word "beef" was also a nod to SoA.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Not that I had any doubt, but this episode completely proved that these guys truly understand and are gods of comedy.

So perfect.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Wow, they could have just taken them to their bank if they came straight from the mint, they're already rolled and everything, would have been a hundred times easier to get the cash.

I know someone that took advantage of this. He did just deposit it right into the bank. It's currency, they will take it. He made a half million miles or something doing it. Was a fantastic loophole until it got closed. Now you have to gently caress around with loading prepaid cards.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

If there's one thing I've learned on TVIV, it's that people seem to rarely believe what a show is telling them, and unless specifically stated, then you're free to prescribe any crazy theory to something.

In remembrance of the great 'Shannon wasn't shot she was secretly stabbed' theory/debate from Lost.

Hey, there are still many of us in therapy due to what occurred in the LOST threads. Please be a gentlemen and not resurface this.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Truly Chardee is the name we'd have to choose.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FELD1 posted:

I was really stoked that they brought the waiter back again, and even more stoked that Frank tied his shoelaces together.

Am I crazy or was he in an earlier episode this season and referenced waiting on them in Minnesota?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

This is art.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFB2vI5lnR4

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2NSOKPlo2u/?igshid=1fge1deybx011

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Another

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Pv4DyHC8K/?igshid=13xt24g9yi342

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Dee over-steps her place in the pecking order they turn on her so fast and so brutally.

Nicely done

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Her and Glenn both look "off" in a cosmetic surgery sort of way but it's also been loving 14 years, people age.

14 amazing years

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

"Wanna come back to my place and... clean my pipes? :heysexy:"
"....of the giant poo poo you took that clogged it up? :confused:"

This was one of the highest points of the episode. How poorly thought out this idea was and how much the guests just weren't giving them any quarter.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

You seem like a very well balanced individual. You should watch some Sunny and cheer up. But not Frank's Brother, which we all agree is the worst episode.

I don't know, the whole Shady nasty bit was really funny

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I don't think that was really the joke, tho. It was more playing on the entire premise that Frank and his brother's memories were somewhat an idealized version of what happened. The name is quite beautiful when pronounced. But then later you see it written...

Kinda like the end when the gang is like "Well, everyone is a lot fatter than I imagined." I don't think an episode which ends with a black guy being unfairly dragged away for a crime he didn't commit was going for a "black people have funny names lol" gag.

Yes, this. It wasn't 'black names are funny hurr hurr' at all.

The Sean posted:

As far as you being a stranger that I hope dies: I also reserve this feeling for Jacob Wohl and Ben Shapiro. I don't need to have met them to want them to suffer and leave the Earth.

I really believe (and hope, because how could someone do any of this for real) that these two guys are comic geniuses (ala Kaufman) and it'll come out that they were mocking the alt-right establishment the whole time through these performances. I like to think that the little nuances (the donuts, telling the security to throw someone out only to be rebuffed) of their 'press conferences' are all scripted.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Charlie, like a beaten dog trying to tell Dee he doesn't want to be with her was excellent.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Her agitated grunts were just so magnificent. Really well delivered.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I like that the whole thing is an allegory for our country's handling of climate change.

paraphrasing...

We all need to drink less, maybe 5-6 shots of tequila, not 10! (conserve)
I want 10! (vapid consumption)
We need to take it easy and not move so much (transportation)
I don't want to stop! (tough poo poo, gimme my SUV)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Ajaxify posted:

Did anyone else see Dennis's algorithm questions as a bit murdery/rapey?

It's just math and science man, it's what the algorithm wants.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

tarlibone posted:

Honestly, the last couple of episodes gave me a few chuckles, but they weren't that special. The whole thing about Charlie and Mac not understanding that the dog was female got old about seven seconds into the bit (when they'd been corrected about 432 times by the vet), and I wanted it to move on. But it didn't. And the whole thing kind-of felt like that, especially the haircut bit. They've been doing some topical scumbag allegories this season, which is OK, but this one... not that it wasn't funny, because I did chuckle a few times, but it was just kind-of boring.

I liked the laser tag one a little more, and it was neat to see that they turned that episode's scumbag allegory into a recursive scumbag allegory. I do wish the ending would have ended with the kid taking over the green base, though, leaving fans to fret over the fate of the show. (Assuming it hasn't already been cleared for more seasons. I don't follow that aspect of it, so that might not be in question at all.)

You just don't get it, they don't see gender at the bar.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

The movie person is explaining why the new Thundergun movie is PG-13 and the studio thinks full frontal nudity is gratuitous.

Petulant Charlie: "gently caress you."

Might be the line of the season for me.

In a similar vein, I've gone back and rewatched a few dozen times the scene where Dee barks at the girls "What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?!"

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Mac with those nuts is some of the best comedy they've done in years.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Watched the Blackberry movie last night and piling on about how good it was. Glenn was tremendous in it. A few Dennis moments, but mostly new stuff from him. Would watch again.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

May be the lighting, but the gang seems like they aged A LOT. Macs voice sounds strained and awkward. Dee looks like she got midlife collagen. Dennis with bags under his eyes. Charlie seems fine but Frank looks just gone.

I've been watching the show from the start recently and there was a real spark and energy that I just don't see now. I'll watch this show until the bitter end and have been on board since day 1, but it's the first time I've noticed.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Not even sure Charlie knows a nickel from a dime from a quarter from a washer. Remember, this is the guy who never ate a pear before (until he did and did the core and stickers too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Also Charlie shut up.gif