Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I also enjoyed that while everyone was acting like idiots, Charlie just treated it as another day of day drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This is one of the best episodes ever. Really impressed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What exactly was the scam though? They bought airline miles and used those to buy steaks. They planned on contaminating the steaks (how would anyone even detect the contamination with the original plan?) with the chickens and then sending the steaks back to get cash. Where do they make money? They'd have to just pay off Frank's credit card as well as pay for those chickens. Not to mention that vacuum sealer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Who was in the toilet stall when Charlie and the inspector went into the bathroom?

No one. Charlie pulled shoes and a pair of jeans out of his backpack and staged a fake person in the stall. Then he told Mac to groan into the vents and say "I'm sorry" because he knew the vents went from the office to the bathroom.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know if you guys are joking or what, but that's literally what happens. While he's talking to MAC in the bathroom, he removes a pair of jeans, some shoes and PVC pipe to put the jeans on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'd really like to see this episode from the gang's perspective. They are trying to do their sweet plan and charlie keeps messing things up. Mac is trying to get the chickens out to the truck and then Charlie bursts in demanding he moans into a vent for no reason. They are trying to pack up their steaks and Charlie comes in and demands they start packaging limes for some reason.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Easychair Bootson posted:

Upon rewatch the episode was actually quite good up until the creampie business.

I haven't rewatched, but I agree. There were a lot of good moments in this episode that were ruined by "Haha, frank somehow doesn't know what a cream pie is." I wish they had found a better way to fit masturbation into this than what they did.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Birdman used a drum beat through the whole movie based on that guy he sees on the street at one point. Always Sunny just happened to have the guy who did The Nightman Cometh music do a jazz drum beat during the sunny episode. The "reference" to True Detective and indirectly to Birdman was the long tracking shots they did. True Detective had a big moment where you follow one of the characters through this whole sequence of events but it's all one unbroken camera tracking shot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hard n?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Anyone who didn't like this episode just hates fun. That was insanely hilarious. Dennis being all mopey kind of fell flat but it's hopefully building to something. Someone mentioned they didn't like it because Family Guy already did a family feud episode. I watched it (well, the gameshow part) and it wasn't even funny. I didn't hear a single joke the whole time besides the standard "Stewie says offensive things" and "Peter says dumb things." Then it had the lame references that lead to unnecessary cutaways that aren't funny and last too long. I didn't realize how lame Family Guy has become.

This episode of Always Sunny on the other hand was amazing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was more referring to this post.

Shadow posted:

Someone else mentioned this as well but the Charlie having been in the survey joke has been done by Family Guy. I didn't love that.

I even figured they'd bring up Family Guy. In their version Peter's odd answer was Picard's flute from an episode of TNG.

A great episode at that. (of Star Trek that is)

The fact that family guy once did a family feud episode and peter was in the survey didn't really bother me because family guy isn't funny. So a funny show doing the joke is fine by me. Not to mention Charlie's explanation is a lot better than "How did you get that?" "I was in the survey, moving on."

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 7, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really enjoy episodes where Charlie gets to be the smart one. I like to imagine that we see parts of episodes from different people's perspectives and that they all look stupid to each other. Like Charlie Work was from Charlie's perspective. He was the smartest one and everyone else was an idiot. When Mac goes to the apartment to announce his double cross, it's from Charlie's perspective again and he's smart. At the end, it's from Dennis' perspective and despite his con failing, he pulls it all together because everyone else is stupid from his perspective.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think you have a typo. You typed "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell." What did you really mean?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't really think of a weakest season besides season 1 which isn't really fair because it was a totally different show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It still feels like family fight should have been after frank retires. They set up the blood bucket in Frank Retires and then bring it with them to Family Fight.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
RIP Boss Hogg.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Worst. Episode. EVER. :barf:

How can you hate shadynastys

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
VPNs are slow? What kind of lovely VPN do you use? I actually get faster speeds through my VPN than normal traffic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Time Warner. It's gotten better recently since they upped speeds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So you're telling us that connecting to the internet through a vpn that uses your same internet connection is faster than just connecting to the internet with the same internet connection?

Because some ISPs are lovely, inspect what type of packets you're sending and throttle you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What takes place in a minecraft movie? All I can think of is 108 minutes of building nerd pillars, pouring lava on people's houses and building giant dongs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

A VPN actually runs inside your normal connection.

I know this because I have all numbers.

Read my previous post about lovely ISPs inspecting packets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Chromatic posted:

Probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. In my opinion the quality of the show has been dipping for some time now and they've become parodies of themselves. It's not really the shows fault, it happens to all comedies and the show was able to hold out for a really long time and stay funny. They've had an impressive run.

I think they have another 2 seasons left consisting of 10 episodes each. I can definitely see them closing up shop after that.

I can only think of one poor quality episode last season and that was the turd sandwich episode. The others were all great. What show are you watching?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Chromatic posted:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Well I'm sorry you're bad at recognizing good television.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dude, are you hate criming these girls?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't worry about iiit, don't worry about anything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Psycho Pete Returns has some good moments. but All the parts with Psycho Pete are kind of lame and the ending sucks. The parts where Dennis gets diagnosed and Frank goes to the nit-wit farm are pretty good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Franks' Brother has some really good jokes in it. Spies Like Us is really the worst episode. It's like they tried to make creme pies be some new poop joke but it sucked and fell on its face.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I just watched Psycho Pete Returns (meh, I think Pooped is worse) and then watched Charlie Work for the first time ever.

Holy loving poo poo! Is that all one take? That episode deserves all the praise in the world and then some! It is categorically the most compelling episode. I kept waiting for some huge left field swing to monkey wrench Charlie's plan, but when the health inspector hands him the grade I was beside myself with glee.

This is also great because everyone but Charlie gets sweet gags. Frank's paint, Mac being a total bitch baby, Dennis clawing him and just being wiped at the bar, and Dee loving literally everything she is tasked with up offscreen is just absolutely flawless. It's not even the funniest episode, but it is stellar, phenomenal and I just can't believe how happy it made me. I've been wanting to watch Charlie win something for 10 years and I finally got my wish! (I don't count the Boggs off because he only got one ball.)

It's not all one take as that's impossible. The outside set is in one location and the inside set is in a studio. There is one section that's several minutes long that is all one take though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
As long as Dennis keeps saying Poconos throughout the episode, it will be good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I fully expect Dee to be really good at skiing but no one else notices or cares because none of them are skiing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cage posted:

Well guess what........:smug: you're larry bird.:smug:

Well, that's okay. Because Larry Bird's an excellent player.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wish they had a recording of when they told Maureen Ponderosa's actress that she would be turning into a cat.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"I broke up with the show's creator and the network told me I was too pretty and I totally could have sued but I didn't and oh btw Rob married the girl who replaced me." :rolleyes:

It's common knowledge that she was the original Dee until she and Rob broke up then was kicked off the show. I don't see what your issue is. Though the way I had heard it, Rob broke up with her and she got kicked off the show. I guess what really happened was she broke up with him and was kicked off the show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ronald McDonald is gay, Rob McElhenny is not.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, the show wouldn't have lasted as long if Dee didn't become just as lovely. A good example is when they try to do the intervention. They are all all drinking wine out of soda cans and trick Frank into going there by saying there's a fire. Then he bursts in to what he thinks is a fire waving a gun around and they scream "intervention" at him and make loud noises. Meanwhile the lady is just standing there freaking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vHhpaP9H8

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the lawyer might be my favorite secondary character. He deals with all their craziness and it all just slides off him. He seems to genuinely enjoy when they get into a mess and he gets a chance to bury them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ror posted:

"You're just mashing it now..."

I have no idea why but I think of that line constantly out of context. I was just cleaning a spill on my carpet and said it to myself when I realized it wasn't getting any more clean.

She's mashing it. It's good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think he says paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's amazing.