Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

So after Captain Invictus pointed me this way, I picked up I am a Hero first and have just finished binging the whole lot.

Spoilers for the entire current I am a Hero run:So like others in the thread I too thought it was going to be a ghost themed horror manga. Even when the Zombie elements started cropping up, I still feel the schizophrenic delusions were by far the creepiest part, though one of the hallucinations saying Hideo was merely dreaming before he killed his girlfriend was just :smith: It was quite enjoyable to have the protagonist act like a (arguably more realistic) panicked coward when it came to intense situations instead of a gung-ho survivor hero. The highlander-esq 'super' humans thread cropping up in the main and side story seems pretty cool too, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Story aside, Kengo Hanazawa artwork is great. From the surrealist nightmare that comes from Hiromi's point of view to the depressing landscape vista's, he really manages to capture an apocalyptic feeling throughout the story. This extends to the Attack on Titan-ish zombies, who really capture that uneasy feeling; there's just something wrong about them. Also the faces, my god the glorious faces (and dancing).

Two critisims cropped up though. One was maybe a translation issue, where those being bitten were always saying 'That hurts :geno:' and 'what is going on here :geno:'. Second were the panty shots :ughh:. Apart from that, as someone who rarely reads manga/watches anime, I can't wait for the next chapter to come out.

p.s. sorry if this is a bit rambley, kinda got no sleep due to reading every chapter of this :v:.

In summary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU