Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I didn't see this thread before, but saw some things posted in the "Post one picture to make someone read manga", or whatever it's called, thread in ADTRW. I'm incredibly new to Manga as a medium, save for some Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon when I was younger. I've always been a big comic book fan (haven't posted here but have a big collection that I'll likely have to thin out sometime) but I just never picked up any manga (largely due to misconceptions about it's audience and/or the difficulty I thought would come in reading it traditionally).

That thread lead me to pick up both Attack on Titan and I Am The Hero. If anyone's dragging their feet about either title, I cannot recommend them more. I haven't come close to finishing or catching up to either, but I'll throw in that as a huge fan of horror in other mediums, I found both of these titles to be extremely satisfying.

I will say that I didn't expect Titan to be as dark and angry as it has been. It's also legitimately creepy and features far more death than I was expecting.

I would also suggest, although it's been finished for a very long time, Naoki Urasawa's Monster. It's a great psychological thriller about a Japanese doctor in a recently unified Germany (not long after the wall came down) who is on the run from the Law while trying to find the sociopath whose life he saved when he was a child. It's some dark, heavy and sometimes very melodramatic stuff. It feels a little long sometimes but I've found it to be very rewarding.

I'm definitely going to give Suicide Island and Onepunch-Man a try based on the descriptions in this thread so thanks for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU