Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Karia posted:

Sousou no Frieren

A party of four — the hero Himmel, the priest Heiter, the dwarf warrior Eisen, and the elf mage Frieren — set out on a ten year journey to defeat the Demon King. Now they're done, and they're going back home to go their seperate ways. But before they part, they watch a meteor shower, and promise that they'll meet again to watch the next one in fifty years.

When they meet again, Frieren is the only one who hasn't changed. She is over 900 years old. The 10 year journey that was so important to the others was a mere percent of her life. This is a story about her realizing that she let her friends and comrades age and slip away while she spent her time wandering alone. It is about her journey as she tries to collect what memories and mementos they've left behind. It's about her attempts to build new friendships and gain new companions. It's different, it's well-drawn, it's slow, it's subtle, and I promise that there is no "she looks 10 but she's actually 900 so it's ok" bullshit.

It's a good series!

https://mangadex.org/title/48045/sousou-no-frieren

This manga is amazing! Thank you for the recommendation.

It’s such a deeply wistful manga, but its sweetness makes it fun to read. I know some of you are nervous about the inevitable deaths of the human characters, but considering the pace and themes of the story, I think the manga encourages you to enjoy the moment and make the most out of a good time or memory.

So don’t sweat it, try to see the merits of the story for the moment, and make the most of the moments you are left not knowing when or how it ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU