Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squid Inc
Feb 12, 2011
Okay goddamn so I was supposed or study for exams this weekend, but then I am a Hero and Ressentiment happened.

Since everyone's already got a pretty good idea of how amazing I am a Hero is, I just finished Ressentiment and I'll admit it is probably one of the most awkward, uncomfortable and incredible things I've read. Ugh, on a certain level I have no idea how to react to a thirty-five year old openly admitting to wanting to screw a twelve to fourteen year old , but despite how disgusting and downright offensive sakamoto is, he's just so pathetic it's hard to really actively hate him. If you think about it, this is basically Chobits, but with the target audience of Chobits actually playing the main character. What did it for me though, is right at the end when the Fuhrer turned out to be a six year old chimpanzee whose Unreal world avatar was of his zookeeper. Its an insane twist, and yet somehow it still seems....right.
Also that Sakamoto stayed the slightly reprehensible human being he's always been instead of turning into a Hero with a Heart of Gold, therefore averting disaster, getting the (real world) girl and atoning for being such a gross pervert.
And I think the crazy faces mentioned in the OP really add to the whole flavour of this series.

While the whole story seems to have wrapped up neatly, I'm still kinda confused about the whole Noah thing and what happened to the AI that thought it was God. And what happened to the scientist creator? Was he still actually walking around in the Unreal? Or was that guy who turned into a chubby goon just someone else?

Either way, Maria is my new favourite character.

I suppose I could finish off my Kengo Hanazawa reading with Boys on the Run, but I'll save that for next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU