Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I just finished reading I Am A Hero, and I have to say that it made me feel really... dirty. Don't know how else to describe it. It makes all other zombie comics/movies seem really clinical by comparison. The zombies are not just rotting corpses, they are literal mockeries of humanity. They bend in unnatural ways, and try to cling into the most trite and boring aspects of their past lives. And the worst thing is when there are scenes of large crowds about to get infected. People keep doing their thing while someone next to them is getting bitten, and it takes a while before most people even realize what it going on.

Also, I don't get why we keep spoilering the zombie thing. It should be part of the selling point of the premise, not some kind of twist we have to keep secret for new readers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Marsilla's reaction to all that gross poo poodelicious food they have to eat is the best part of that manga.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

So, the Stockholm Film Festival is showing the movie adaption of I Am Hero tomorrow, I love the manga in the "this is far better than most other manga out there" sense, should I bother watching the movie? Anyone else watched it yet?