Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Captain Invictus got me to read I Am A Hero and Qualia the Purple and I loved both of them! The truly agonizing part is waiting for the next chapter to come out :negative:

IIAH: I was confused as hell for the first couple chapters but as soon as the reports of people biting people came in I was pretty sure it was going to be a zombie thing. Still, for most of the first volume I assumed it was just Hideo's hallucinations.
Then I read Volume 2 and holy poo poo it's loving real. The fact that it's a 'Zombies are actually threatening' type and not a 'Yee-haw let's go shoot some zombfags' story makes IIAH much better than the average zombie apocalypse fiction. Hideo's story is fantastic and I really want to see what happens to Hiromi. The Takeshi story was alright and it had some interesting info on the zombies but I felt it kept dragging on. However, the Kurusu reveal was pretty neat and it looks like we're going back to Hideo and Hiromi the Jaw-ripper in the next chapter!

Qualia the Purple: The first 3 chapters were pretty normal and I thought it was going to be a "watch the girl with funny eyes get into ~wacky adventures~" type of manga. Then I read Chapter 4 and thought to myself "well that got dark rather fast". Turns out I was barely in the prologue and I hadn't even 'started' yet. I blazed through the rest of the chapters and poo poo just keeps getting more ridiculous-in the awesome way. Turns out talking to an infinite number of yourself makes for one hell of an echo-chamber and I wouldn't be surprised if Gaku keeps getting more and more insane/obsessed. Especially with the ending of the last chapter :stare:

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU