Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Are the translations up to date? I'm on chapter 252 and it doesn't seem to be at any point where it could end gracefully in 2 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Oh that's makes it all cool then.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This is a pretty great thread for discussing manga written with actual thought and effort by authors actually looking to create something with meaning. It's very cool to see some pathetic internet dickslap fight over absolutely nothing.

Out of some of the recommendations that have been posted lately:

- To you the immortal is just stunningly beautiful. It may not be quite as interesting lately what with Fushi becoming more human, but even now the full cast are really sweet and likeable.
- Hittoribochi no oo seikatsu is sooooo cute. It's really well written though, as someone who with social anxiety issues I can really empathise with the character, even if she is exxagerated for cuteness.
- Mitsuboshi colors by the same author is even cuter, with less of a goal or purpose, but that's its charm after all, just some adorable mischievous little girls having adventures. I do like how they're not typecast into typical girly characters, and how they're all varying levels of feminine (if that's the right way to describe it).
- Kumo desu ga, nana ka? shouldn't be so good but it really is. The premise on paper is so overdone and trite but for some reason through the writing, art and setting the end result is really good. Actually manages to have a real sense of tension too even though you know the main character will always make it in the end.
- Otouto no otto was very short, but very succint and to the point. Really did a great job of covering an serious issue which I imagine is even more important for Japanese audiences.
- Boku dake ga inai machi is incredible, so gripping and emotional. Once again, not a terribly original concept, but executed so well that it manages to still be extremely interesting.
- I forget if Saiki kusuo was mentioned here, but I love it. So dumb but so so funny. Like real cheesy comedy most of the time but it always makes me laugh.

Hope you enjoyed my oh so very deep reviews. Just mostly wanted to thank the respective posters for their recommendations really.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've never even read any light novels, no idea how they even compare. Been thinking of finding some for a while, for stuff like majutsu no index since it also seems to be way ahead.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
The ending to the newest chapter of To you the immortal was so sad and beautiful, really got me. Such a well crafted series.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I LOVE the gamelan soundtrack. This may be the first anime I watch all the way through since OPM.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Wow that's insane. If I wasn't so against amassing physical media in my not so big flat I would buy that in a heartbeat.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Fellis posted:

Those are digital e-books though?

Oh right, that's kinda obvious now that I actually give it some thought :downs:. This changes everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I like mangarock.