Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adult Illiteracy
Oct 10, 2012
Hey team, I've got a friend looking for visual inspiration in horror comics. I've mostly read western stuff and felt comfortable making recommendations there, and obviously mentioned Junji Ito, but I'm also recalling two other manga or manga-styled comics that really left an impact even if I've forgotten the author.

One was like a paneled comic, but each panel was revealed to actually contain the detached body parts/enormous head/ multiple clones as if it were a large room/apartment complex. They get out and crawl around? Did I dream this?

The other is an artist with a hyperviolent style that struggled with schizophrenia, I believe - I mostly remember the impression of the intense gaze of the characters, and some fairly shocking (even to a relatively desensitized palate) and explicit violence. Somebody said it may be suehiro maruo but I'm not seeing any panels I recognize.

Either of these ring a bell? Much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU