Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

After you read Uzumaki, you should definitely check out Junji Ito's Cat Diary. Another terrifying work of mind-bending horror, this time autobiographical!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Anora posted:

There's no need for a wiki on that, you hit one point, and you just kind of know that was where it was supposed to end.

If you really need to know where it should have ended, you can watch the live action movie adaptations. They actually ends where they should, and have a completely different twist that's also pretty interesting.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Gantz movies were pretty fun, and at least they pulled more from the source material past the drat Temple Mission. The ending of the second movie was pretty crap, but it at least tried.

That's okay, it's impossible for it to be worse than the original ending to Gantz.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Complaining about the fanservice in MHA is insane when there are series like History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi in the same magazine.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Synthbuttrange posted:

Comixology is having a jojo sale. I've previously been told it doesnt really jump off til a certain point or should I just grab whatever?

Read all of it. Some parts are better than others, but it's all worth reading.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MonsieurChoc posted:

SOUBOUTEI. MUST. BE. DESTROYED.

:hai:

Souboutei MUST be DESTROYED.

:hai:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Househusband is screamingly funny and yes, just took an Eisner award. You'll get a little more out of it if you're familiar with the manga street punk / yakuza tropes, but if you post here you'll probably recognize enough. The wordplay, visual gags, and drummed-up dramatic tension is clear enough to carry it though, even if you don't catch all the little things.

It's really a great mixture of genre/stereotype jokes and just straight-up funny gags that work without any cultural context. Some of the best slapstick comedy I've seen in a manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kurui Reiten posted:

If you're only on chapter 6, you have made no progress whatsoever on the plot. This is not a manga that is going to do a slow burn; keep going, and things will happen. A lot of things will happen. A surprisingly high number of things will happen.

There is pretty much nothing I can say here that isn't spoilers, but give it a bit more time. You will know, inside your heart, that you must continue reading, because

SOUBOUTEI MUST BE DESTROYED

Yeah, I'd say you should keep going. That series starts out very... scattered, but as things progress and the real plot starts happening, it gets really compelling. It's a really unique series, I'll say that much, I've never read anything quite like it. I also don't want to spoil where it goes, because that's half the fun, but it really Goes Places. Just keep reading, it's okay to skim certain parts, it does have a ridiculous amount of dialog at times.

Souboutei MUST be destroyed.