Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So I recently picked up A Man and His Cat by Umi Sakurai. It's basically a slice of life manga about a cat who, while in the pet store, was passed over for younger, cuter kittens. One day he is adopted by Fuyuki Kanda, a widower and former concert pianist, who gives him the name Fukumaru. It's mostly slice of life stories about Fukumaru and Kanda that are by turns sad, heartwarming, and funny.

I actually read the first book though one of my library's digital services. I liked it so much that I bought the three volumes that are currently available.

Here are some pictures from the first chapter.

You can no doubt find it on amazon, but I like to by my anime/manga from Right Stuf. A good choice if you live in the US or Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

site posted:

ended up reading all 3 volumes. it's so sweet :allears:

Glad to hear that you liked it! Volume four will be released this September. A live-action TV series was also made based on the manga. Fukumaru and other cats are played by puppets.