Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sure someone will swoop in to properly apply links to this afterwards but here're a couple of my recommendations.

Have you heard of Kenshiro?

This is not him, though I can understand getting confused by the resemblance.

Super Doctor K Action, Drama, Shounen

Doctor K is a doctor with exceptional skill. Graduated from a top-tier, high profile medical college, instead of working in a hospital or running his own clinic, he prefers to live his life wandering around to treat people in needs of help.

Basically it's HIGH OCTANE SURGERY. Instead of wandering a wasteland and punching Mad Max looking raiders with martial arts that make them explode, he's an incredible doctor/surgeon.

Sorry about so many pictures, I'm not great at this.

And if you're looking for the violence that'd normally come from someone with that build in a manga well then I also have

Kengan Ashura Action, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts, Shounen

Since the Edo periods of Japan, gladiator arenas exist in certain areas. In these arenas, wealthy business owners and merchants hire gladiators to fight in unarmed combat where winner takes all. Toki Taouma, nicknamed "Ashura", joins these arenas and devastates his opponents. His spectacular ability to crush his enemies catches the attention of the big business owners, including the Nogi Group chairman, Nogi Hideki.

To sum things up, Kengan Ashura is a tournament arc as a manga. Like Street Fighter. Or Tekken.

And they lean more towards Street Fighter in that people are total freaks who have some real crazy fighting styles/bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh cool, I was totally expecting my post to be taken apart and reworked like it was a bad essay.

Okay, so I've got some more stuff now that's more chill*.

*Mostly.

Ore Monogatari!! Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo

Tsuyoshi Takeo is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Sunagawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?

Now, I know you're already starting to tune out after reading that, but don't. Takeo's a stand up dude with bad luck.

Like, afterwards they go to return her phone and he tries playing wingman because he thinks she's got a crush on his friend- as has always been the case in the past- and he's a cool dude like that. Still oblivious though. She asks for his email address and he's still sure she's got a crush on his friend.

It also has an anime which I'd recommend watching, since the art's not exactly Redline and the action flows a lot better in it too. But I'm not really sure where to look. I guess Crunchyroll but if there's a better place then I dunno. http://www.crunchyroll.com/my-love-story

Flying Witch Comedy, Shounen, Slice of Life

Kowata Makoto is an airhead with a bad sense of direction who just moved into her relative's house... but is that all?

Flying Witch is just a chill series about a family hanging out together.

Scroll down before mousing over that. The only catch is that one of them's a witch and she keeps bringing her weird magical nonsense into the mix. It's a relaxed series that's basically like Stardew Valley without the mines. As far as I got, there was no demon or rival or monster they had to train to beat, it was just family hanging out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My standard for harems is just give the protagonist a personality, please for the love of god.

That's why I think Bakarina is the best one I've ever read.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Here's another fantastic horror-comedy I've been reading, it does a phenomenal job of mingling genuinely funny bits with Mieruko-chan-esque horrifiying spirit imagery and scenes. I'm genuinely never sure if a situation is going to turn out well for everyone involved or not

https://mangadex.org/title/38672/furyou-taimashi-reina