Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I haven't seen the film yet, but it seemed like fun, so I'm sure I'll get around to it. I'm going to read Onepunch Man next, but if anyone could recommend anything else in the impossibly-beautiful-action genre to go with that and AYNIK I'd appreciate it!

I you haven't read Berserk, it is both very pretty and full of action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mindblast posted:

Note that berserk has(and is) a lot of things and not everyone is going to like some of the stuff that happens. Only fair to mention up front I'd say.

Yeah, good point. The people I tend to roll with have at least heard about it, I kind of forgot this is a thread where someone could walk in to it blind.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Kakukaku Shikajika is a great read and is relatively short as these kind of things go. Everyone should read it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
The newest volume of I Am a Hero just was uploaded. Been so long that the ADTRW thread is locked. If anyone was following it, go nuts and then get ready to wait another year for new content.

http://bato.to/read/_/334489/i-am-a-hero_v16_ch180_by_illuminati-manga

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Captain Invictus posted:

I won't suggest Berserk because there's a high likelihood of it never getting finished, the author takes incredibly long breaks, sometimes only putting out a handful of chapters a year and apparently they've been stuck on a boat for years now due to the slow update schedule.

They've promised that'll it'll be monthly starting now. They wouldn't lie to us again.

:(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Captain Invictus posted:

Can't help you there, unfortunately.

In other news, I Am A Hero is one or two chapters away from finishing, so if you were waiting to catch up or haven't started yet, now's a good time. It sure does go places in its run, way more unexpected than I thought, and not necessarily in a good way at times, but overall it was a hell of a ride and the ending if it doesn't do something really stupid in the last two chapters should be suitably absurd for Hideo.

Having read the last chapter I'm not sure how to parse it. Absurd is one way to put it I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I don't mind the ending much, the only thing really bothering me is the young girl in Italy that's implied to be chosen or special in some way and who's zqn guards are all killed, feels like a dangling plot thread. The interlude had some interesting moments, but it seems kind of pointless now.