Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Checked out a few of these over the weekend - my takes:

I Am A Hero/Boys on the Run/Ressentiment - To be perfectly honest, I just couldn't really get into any of these stories. In all three cases, the protagonist is portrayed as such an over-the-top loser that I eventually just stop caring about what might happen to him. I dunno, I guess these kinds of stories just aren't for me. :shrug:

Qualia the Purple - Incredibly weird, but in a good kind of way. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

The Town Where Only I Am Missing - Interesting mystery, good pacing, really liked the twist where he went back in time to his childhood, and still failed to prevent the murder. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Bonnouji - Very nice, laid-back, fun to read. Feels like it ended pretty quickly, but I guess that's what happens when you don't have a bunch of contrived misunderstandings or forced drama to pad things out. :v:

Hinamatsuri - Another light, fun read, though I kind of feel like Hina is the least interesting character out of the whole bunch.

Suicide Island - Definitely one of my favorites out of the bunch. A great combination of action/adventure stuff and introspective character studies. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I'm In Mari - Liking it so far. It's interesting to see a story that actually puts a different, more serious spin on the tired old gender-swap/body-swap premise.

Assassination Classroom - Decent enough, though the school-related stuff seems a bit cliche to me. Still, it's executed fairly well.

Teppu - Another one of my favorites. I especially like how little fanservice there is in the comic.

All in all, a pretty good set of stories, and I look forward to seeing what Captain Invictus has in store for us in List #3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU