Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
IAAH is so loving awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Parasyte is loving awesome and I highly recommend it. Especially if you liked "I Am a Hero" this story is very much in the same vein. I keep hearing rumors they are making this into an anime but I've not seen anything concrete. I do know they are adapting it into 2 live action movies last year so I'm very much looking forward to that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thanks! I hope Crunchyroll gets this because I am super pumped! I'm concerned it's only 24 episodes though considering the manga is 64 chapters.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

Rejoice, for there is another full volume of I Am A Hero released!

An honestly very light-hearted bunch of chapters, compared to the rest of the series. Oda being pregnant certainly throws a wrench into things, though. And her self-sacrificing nature to not burden Hideo and Hiromi will surely lead to more dangerous shenanigans. Seems like the infected are going a Fort Of The Apocalypse route with combining/mutating into other lifeforms, as well as having "alpha" versions that can command other infected. Should result in some real great, horrifying monstrosities, for sure! I love the fairly relaxed pace this series takes. Spending multiple pages with just Oda and Hiromi's breathing in the ocean air was a refreshing cooldown time from the first few chapters of this volume.

Man oh man I wish this series would get licensed already. :(

What a great manga. I'm so glad I read this thread.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

HOLY loving poo poo CHAPTER 190. HOLY poo poo!

That might be the most plot-important chapter in the entire series so far. Jesus. I'm trying to think of another similar series that went in this direction but nothing's coming to mind.

Chapter 190 spoilers I was confused. Do you really think this is an alien invasion or the ranting of a lunatic?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

It's more that there's a collective consciousness controlling the zombies like a hive mind, and that they're stuck in a semi delusional state, most not even realizing they're zombies. It's been hinted at before but not outright shown until now. Also, the horrific hive-amalgamations and a straight up giant tree-thing made of zombies is a really creative and terrifying design. Whether it's aliens or not, well, we'll have to see.

It feels like it's going in a similar direction as fort of the apocalypse in terms of the evolution aspect, but...hmmm...much less anime about it, I guess?

Chapter 190 spoilers The reveal that they were all zombies was horrific. I thought we had a new group of survivors to see from but then drat :( It also makes sense why the zombies have a sort of schedule as was alluded to earlier in the series

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 27, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was looking through the thread but I didn't see it

What was the name of the manga that was about the "Bonnie and Clyde-esque" serial killers travelling across Japan and then Godzilla shows up?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

If One Piece up and stopped updating altogether tomorrow, despite being my favorite manga by a long shot and having some amazing storylines in it, I would still tell folks to not read it because it was never finished.

Fort of the Apocalypse was very clearly cancelled, and it makes it much more difficult for me to recommend it even if it has an "ending".

I'm not saying that the ending is the most important part, but rather, I don't like incomplete stories as a whole.

I know this is an old post but has One Piece moved into the end game yet or is it still in the middle of the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
gently caress ya I'm getting that for sure!