Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Is there a wiki or anything that says where/when/how it was supposed to end?
I went into Death Note more or less blind, and I agree, there's a point where it should have ended. If that was where it was meant to end, and it certainly looked like it, it's pretty obvious and hard to explain without totally spoiling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I've read a translation of the novel, and from browsing through the manga, I can tell it's a fairly faithful adaptation. The movie, though, changes a lot of things. Not just where the story takes place, but also the characters, and the mechanics behind the movie's premise. The ending is different, as well.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Coaaab posted:

The World is Mine (Action, Drama, Mature, Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural)
I didn't understand the dialogue. Maybe it's a translation issue. A shame because I actually liked the art. But I can't follow the story as it is.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Coaaab posted:

One of the reviews actually goes into this in a bit more detail:
In short, the difficulty of parsing the story seems to be a combination of it being harder to translate from dialects and the intentionally choppy & technical discussions that make up a chunk of the series. Where did you stop?
Sorry for the late answer, the quote helped me understand what was going on. I haven't read past the first chapter, but I'm keeping it bookmarked anyway.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

khy posted:

Ooh, excellent point. I hadn't known that, but thank you for linking! (Time to binge on The Gamer to help the artist)
The translation seems a little shaky, but I like the concept enough that it doesn't bother me too much.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's also all on youtube for free, legally.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELodfehz4fB38

It's fuckingg reat. If you only watch one aniem in your life, it's not a bad choice.

Does this include 2nd Gig? That was what I looked for, since I already watched the first season, and I couldn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
This is my favourite Otoyomegatari Amazon review.