Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
We goodwill a lot of stuff at work for customer satisfaction, otherwise they allegedly won't come back and they can't have these people potentially going elsewhere for stuff.

These are the people that will never fill out a customer survey though, unless it's a bad one. So the writers get hosed either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Foot activated parking brakes are stupid as hell, so I kind of blame that. I always use mine everywhere, but I only drive manual cars

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I close repair orders at a dealership, so I'm at the other end after the service writers do their thing. I've seen some good ones like "customer states loud banging coming from rear of car, please advise. Found water bottle rolling around in truck, no issues found"

There's a whole of "customer states ac*(or any other electronic feature) doesn't work" where the diagnosis is "enabled in iDrive, or turned dial to cold"

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mat_Drinks posted:

I think part of the reason I feel busy all of the time is because I'm the guy that does floss, does change his oil when he's supposed, does mow the lawn, etc, etc.

Sometimes I think my life is one big maintenance event. :smith:

Unfortunately the meaning of life is just seeing how much you can endure before you crack

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

InterceptorV8 posted:

I'd just be happy if they could figure out how to turn their lights on and where the turn signal is.

A turning only lane isn't a lane you use to get next to someone and floor it to get ahead of them when the light turns green

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

West SAAB Story posted:

People out this way are still scared and confused by a Diverging Diamond Interchange.

I have never seen anything like that :stare:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Ugh, 4-way stops are the worst invention ever for basing right-of-way on "who was here first?".

You should change it so that everyone would have to give way to traffic coming from the right, like it is in civilized countries (such as here :smug:). It works so much better (as long as people are actually aware of the rule).

4 way stop intersections loving suck, ask me how I know :haw:

I'd rather just have an intersection with traffic lights instead

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

lazer_chicken posted:

New BMWs have all sorts of weird poo poo, if our 135 is any indication. If you're inside the car you can always open the door regardless of if they are locked, but either way you have to pull the door handle twice to open it. I asked the techs at the dealer why you have to pull it twice and they said it was a "safety feature," which really makes no goddamn sense. Did they have problems with people accidentally opening the door while driving and falling out? Also, you can't do the normal sequential door unlock (driver's door first, then all doors) with the "tap the door handle" unlock feature. You can set it to unlock EITHER the drivers door OR all doors but it can't do one then the other, like, you know, the unlock button on keyfobs have been doing since the beginning of time.

Also, it doesn't have intermittent windshield wipers. It has a "normal" and "fast" setting that you turn on the regular way, by tapping the right stalk up. But then it has an "automatic" mode that you turn on with a little button on the end of the stalk. It's one of those rain-sensing things where it automatically adjusts the speed and it has a dial on the stalk that adjusts the sensitivity. I think it's supposed to replace the intermittent mode but it sucks and it's hard to adjust the sensitivity so it isn't either flailing wildly or not swiping at all.

My Mini had the double inside door handle pull to unlock too. It was annoying to have to explain to people "yeah pull it twice it thinks your a child"

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Having someone tailgate the hell out of you leading up to an on-ramp and get visibly upset that you aren't going fast enough, only to fall way behind you going around it and you end up like a mile ahead of them on the highway when you see them coming out is pretty amusing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

I think the ones that read 10% over a outliers.

Both of my bikes read maybe 2-3% over at most and the car reads about 5% over.

This has come up at work a couple times, normal variance for our speedo's is 5-10%, anything over and it needs a fixing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Edward IV posted:

This is the Garden State Parkway after snowing for the better part of the day. Lane markers are completely covered and it was hard to judge where the sides of the road were. Note all the plows off to the left waiting. :argh:

Fortunately, my Impreza's AWD proved it's worth but I still didn't feel comfortable going faster than 45MPH. Though this is all just north of I-195. The weather turned into rain minutes later as I was heading south. Still, I kind of want more snow to drive in.

For all the poo poo people say about NJ drivers, everyone on the road drove reasonable for the weather. There were decent following distances, wide berths that turned the three-lane highway into a two-lane, no speeding beyond 45 MPH, and not suddenly cutting in and out of traffic.

This is kind of what the beginning of the turnpike was like driving home two weeks ago from Philly :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

When I go to Dunkin Donuts in the morning I always park in front of the door and go inside. My car is not very big and so this lets idiots in SUV's or trucks pull in at stupid angles behind me and have the back of their car sticking into my parking spot :golfclap: