Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

You guys did an oil change on my vehicle and now it wants to die at stop lights, the brake light is on, and theres a bad burning smell.

Verified customer complaint. Found parking brake to have been applied after service and customer drove off without releasing parking brake. Berated by customer for five minutes about application of parking brake without prior informing. Status: resolved.

quote:

My car is dangerously dark while driving at night and I have 2 burned out headlights.

Verified customer complaint. Found customer did not know they had a high beam selector. Status: resolved.

quote:

You guys did an oil change on my vehicle and broke my radio.

Verified customer complaint. Found technician to have turned radio off when pulling vehicle in for service. Customer states 'they didn't know it could do that. Status: resolved.

quote:

You guys rotated my tires and now my trunk leaks.

Verified customer complaint. Found to be a collision repair vehicle. Trunk seal replaced for free for customer satisfaction. Status: resolved.

quote:

You guys did a flat repair yesterday and my engine fell out.

Verified customer complaint. Found all subframe bolts missing, engine and subframe cradle held into vehicle by wiring harnesses and hoses. Replaced all necessary components due to call to corporate because we weren't supposed to remove the subframe bolts when doing a flat repair. Status: resolved free of charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also, forgot to explicitly state this in the OP but these are all personal comebacks of mine.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That particular one was kicked to the master tech to repair for *reasons* but yes, yes they do.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you for reminding me of the inspiration for this thread from 2 days ago which I somehow blanked on!

Customer complaint: DRLs stopped working.

Inspected vehicle and found that it was not equipped with DRLs from the factory, with neither the module or any sort of capability for one. Customer insists that they totally worked prior to bringing the vehicle in for service. Status: unresolved.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
[quote="InterceptorV8" post="how:183518"]
I bet they just drove around with their headlights on all the time, and when they turn their key off, they shut off like Jeeps and Subaru do.
[/quote]

It was an early '90s Wrangler :haw:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

davebo posted:

If this thread is supposed to be tales from people who fix cars for a living, should we really poo-poo the people who don't know anything about servicing their own cars and just have more money than mechanical smarts? Are those people not heroes who provide a living for mechanics, sending their kids to college with their lack of car ability.

I'm totally okay with it just being a general idiocy thread, because at some point in time someone has entrusted these people to perform such complicated tasks as 'waking up' and 'breathing.'. And they are around you. All the time. Everywhere. Not knowing how to open a hood is prettyfuckingdumb yo, not even like asking someone to even do their own oil change.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's got the hood and front valence too, I'd have assumed M3 unless you have seen the car before.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I dunno, a lot of the stuff I'm seeing here is insulting people for not knowing how to change a wheel. Why the hell should everyone know that? There's AAA, a million tire shops around the country, and tires hardly ever blow out, at least in my area. A lot of cars don't come with spares and the tools for it now, some cars have run-flats. And even if you know what you're doing, it's a pain in the rear end to do it on the side of the road and requires some muscle.

Can we agree that not knowing your radio can turn off is a little unusual then?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like that's some sort of hosed up joke played by a traffic engineer.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also doesnt it only lock all 4 doors if all the doors are already shut? I seem to recall being unable to hit the lock button and get out, having to do it with the remote once I was outside.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

opengl128 posted:

This thread needs less bitching about lovely drivers and more of 14 inch's stories

Interesting car came in earlier, beat to hell 4 door civic with BEER $3 a pint painted on the rear window with 2 tapped kegs in the back seat and I can't imagine there's any way at all that could go wrong.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What about the person who came in to get their car serviced and asked if we could get them a rental car in the meantime and is sitting up front arguing for about 15 minutes now over why we can't rent them a car from Enterprise if they don't have a valid driver's license of any kind?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I only wear nytrile gloves so that I can coat the insides with baby oil and by the time I get home at the end of the day it feels like i'm using a baby seal to whack it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got a good one in the vein of the OP. electrical diagnosis because when this guy disconnects his battery his car doesnt work.