Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Solar Coaster posted:

If you only rely on AAA or what have you, what happens when you break down in an area that has no phone reception to call AAA? You're screwed if you don't know.

A majority of idiots live in urban areas.

Most people that live in rural areas have a tendency to know a little bit more about fixing poo poo on the side of the road. This isn't 100% accurate summation of all people, but is a pretty solid observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Astroman posted:

This will indeed become more prevalent sadly. Apparently the new generation doesn't give a poo poo about car ownership. There's study after study, article after article, and poll after poll saying Gen Y doesn't like cars, doesn't care about them, and many have no desire to ever own a car. :(

Combine that with new cars and their plastic sealed "no user serviceable parts" engine bays and you're gonna find less and less people knowing anything even basic about their cars. 30 years from now a lot of drivers will just think they run on fairydust and moonbeams.

This so so true its not even funny. Most people in my age group and below are about how a can get to point A to point B.

I know the old guys said that you had to own a flashy muscle car or something to attract the ladies. Now a muscle car or really any car doesn't attract women. Explains why I always got the older ladies driving around in my E60 or my E39 (actually the E39 really seemed to attract em, no clue)

Hell I don't know what does attract women any more. Depends on how many hash tags your facebook profile has I guess.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
What's so confusing about roundabouts? They keep traffic moving as long as there are no idiots floundering around in there. And the best part... miss your turn? gently caress drive in a circle and try again.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

InterceptorV8 posted:

I also want to meet the person who came up with this, blindfold them and beat them with a rubber hose.
I call fan belt!

God drat, it was 80s engineering they continued to cram down our throats until the mid cycle refresh, and even then, it fell apart. gently caress, that lasted until the more recent models.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Even owning my Range Rover I still get the dumb rear end bro trucks that still some how manage to get their lights pointed right in my god drat mirrors.

And I am driving a large-ish SUV. loving Omaha people, they are obsessed with rolling coal, stacks, HIDzzzz and stick on fender vents.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Saw this on Facebook: Land Rover owners group (yeah yeah i know, but there are some nice trucks on there)

Dumb Facebook User I wouldn't use engine oil in a hydraulic system. I did it once in a brake system just for a tow to be scrapped. Worked for that day, but no brakes the next day, but didn't matter as wasn't after parts from the braking system. I think it upset the rubber seals.

Seriously. loving ENGINE OIL IN YOUR BRAKES?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

bolind posted:

Probably lens distortion in the camera, I believe the ad said that the rears had 0% tread left and the fronts 80% so...

1-series are notorious for chewing fronts, so maybe some steel wire stuck out and their mechanic wouldn't let them go without getting new tires or something.

Also 5'ers are notorious rear wheel chewers too.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

YF19pilot posted:

Speaking of rain though, yesterday in the midst of the weather, I got cut off by a F350. I was in the right lane and ahead of him, but instead of merging behind me he had to speed up and cut me off, because

I am not sure the logic behind it, but the people around here driving them usually have humongo rear end pipes or stacks. Its alright with me, usually its driven by some 20 year old kid and they are doing a great job at pissing away fuel (fuel=money) so I really dont care. Wanna throw money out the window? Go ahead!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

I don't like driving like a dick really, but then everyone else fumblefucks around on the road like a bunch of scared, lost sheep and I go from "I'm going to drive nicely" to "if you don't get out of my drat way I am going around you, keep right except to pass is just as much a law as no passing on the right" pretty quickly.

This is why I like driving my Rover. Its not the largest truck on the road, but for some reason that castled hood moving at high speed makes people move the gently caress out of the way.

I normally keep it pretty sane, but gently caress the drivers here... I swear to god they are all dumb fuckers.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Astonishing Wang posted:

It's funny because WE are the dumb fuckers that everyone is talking about. Everyone is a bad driver except for me; it's true for everyone.

Yeah, this is the god drat truth. Every one thinks every one is bad driver, and they are the best driver god ever made.

But still, stop staring at a green light!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I was pulling a trailer last weekend, mind you I'm using an older rover and I'm pulling a 16' trailer. So I need time to slow down and speed up. I was in heavy traffic and some rear end gently caress wants to merge over right the gently caress now but I'm pinned by other cars behind and on one side. I keep my steady speed but the fucker gets around me on the shoulder and proceeded to give me the finger.

Yes dude, I'm trying to be safe while towing a 5000# trailer and a 5000# tow vehicle. I can't move quickly and my shipping distance is super long. Forgive me for staying the same speed while you can back off and slide in behind me.

Assfuck.