Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
No, there's no excuse. I work at an auction, we get everything from Kias to Ferraris, and I've been in thousands of cars. If it was made in the last 3 decades, I've been in an example of it, and finding controls isn't hard.

Here's a hint: They are all located within arms reach of the steering wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

InitialDave posted:

:allears:

Seriously, though, when the markings rubbed off the controls years ago, it's pitch black at night and you're twenty miles from home, you do discover that "ergonomics", "commonality" and "familiarity" aren't necessarily words in every designer's vocabulary.

If you're driving a car built long enough ago that the markings are worn off, the controls are more or less standard. It isn't until very recently that things have started to deviate. From the early 60's to the late 90's basically every car had the same setup.

Also why are you waiting until you're on the road at night to learn the controls?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FogHelmut posted:

People who leave their car in front of the gas pump while they go inside the Wawa to get coffee and sandwiches are the worst.

I do this because I'm paying cash and the pumps only work pre-paid, and I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna go in, pay, go out and move, then go back inside.

Suck it up, cupcake.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FogHelmut posted:

Specifically I'm talking about New Jersey where we aren't allowed to pump gas, and there's a dude pumping it for you. Also you pay this person and not anyone inside.

But in other states, you shouldn't park in front of the pump if you're not using it.

True, the WaWa thing should have tipped me off, I apologize. In that case, yeah, that's a bit douchey.

e- also gently caress New Jersey, I'm a grown rear end man I can pump my own gas :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yep, that's the reason. It's lame as poo poo, too, because a lot of times there's only one or two people working the pumps, and rush hour North Jersey never has one or two cars at the pumps. Getting gas in Mahwah or right outside Newark near the airport loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Just because it is dark outside doesn't mean that your high beams are acceptable. This is the city. gently caress you.

Man, I get this all the time in my Ram. Regular lights, not highs, aimed properly, fogs off. Then someone flashes their highs at me. Drive a bit, no cop or anything, what the gently caress.

Then as I drove my mom's Corolla and a truck passed me, it dawned on me, "yeah big trucks shine their lights right in your eyes"

Now when people flash theirs at me I flash mine back.