Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

InterceptorV8 posted:

I hate DRLs.

Because there are people so loving stupid that they never turn on their headlights now. You don't know how many people I see driving in the darkest parts of Nevada in the middle of the night with just their DRL on.

I blame the fact that so many dash boards are always illuminated (not that people aren't stupid). In the past, you couldn't see your gauges in the dark if you're lights weren't on. It seems like most cars I pass with DRLs only on are these types of dashboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Splizwarf posted:

Worth noting that in my Volvo owner's manual, it specifically states in caps that the use of the rear fog switch is completely illegal in the US (circa 1989), and that they were left on the car as vestigial organs to be used only in situations where you are significantly more worried about immediate death than getting a ticket.

This (illegality) can't be true because I owned a 2002 Olds Aurora and it had twin rear fog lamps. If it were against regulations it wouldn't be allowed to be imported or put onto domestic cars.

I just checked my land rover manual: "ALWAYS remember to switch the fog guard lights off as soon as visibility permits; in clear conditions fog guard lights can dazzle other road users!"

InitialDave posted:

Rear fog lights are installed for people who will either fail to turn them on when it's foggy, or fail to turn them off when it's not.

I must be the only one who uses fog lamps (front and rear on 2/3 of my cars) when appropriate then.