Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Astroman posted:

This will indeed become more prevalent sadly. Apparently the new generation doesn't give a poo poo about car ownership. There's study after study, article after article, and poll after poll saying Gen Y doesn't like cars, doesn't care about them, and many have no desire to ever own a car. :(

Combine that with new cars and their plastic sealed "no user serviceable parts" engine bays and you're gonna find less and less people knowing anything even basic about their cars. 30 years from now a lot of drivers will just think they run on fairydust and moonbeams.

It's less not giving a poo poo and more Gen Y having no money for cars. Car ignorance is for all ages. :v:

Someone at the airport rented a car with an automatic that lets you shift gears on your own and complained that it was slow and made a lot of noise while driving around town. Turns out they were driving it in 1st the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Is it a normal thing for some people to ride a bike down the side of the freeway like the guy I saw on my way to class this morning?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I beg all of the drivers around me to please just stop at the stop line. Not a car length or two behind it, not in the middle of the crosswalk. Please just stop at that line.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

To the driver of the Infiniti from a few days ago: It was very fun watching you alternate between tailgating me at 70 and swerving into the right lane to try and pass me and watching you almost run into the slower traffic I was already passing. It was even more fun when you finally did pass me, especially the bit where you decided to split the lanes so you could brake check me, then immediately cut someone off so you wouldn't miss your exit.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

TheFrailNinja posted:

Are you guys serious? I love every generation of these things that I've driven. The first generation is getting a little worse for wear at this point, but still. Maybe it's because my experience with them is exclusively at 15mph or less, but I think they're great. Maybe it's that car-like handling you guys are talking about that makes them so nice to drive. The newest generation is especially great, as with all of the new Fords that are rolling out.

I will say the new ones are decent little crossover things. The older generations are plasticy crap wagons, though.