Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Is there actually a risk of being sued that makes managers roll over for these people instead of telling them to gently caress off or is it something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

InitialDave posted:

There is a base minimum level of knowledge that is expected if you're going to even get into a car. You know that the planet we're on orbits the sun, that you should brush your teeth, and that there's this country somewhere that is a source of pandas and cheap manufactured goods, right? Because that's the kind of level we're talking about here.

I was gonna try and refute this but then I remembered there's a post in this thread about someone not realizing their stereo can turn off

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Midget Fist posted:

Oh and as for lights, that car had the low/high beam switch operated by a button on the floor to the left of the pedals. You stamped on it for high/low operation. The light switch itself was on the dash, a kind of knob that you pulled out.

I love floor mounted dimmers, wish they stuck around.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

That's how it works here too, theoretically. The problem is that people run yellow lights pretty much constantly. So I wait for the arrow unless traffic is light and I see a opening.