Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Also doesnt it only lock all 4 doors if all the doors are already shut? I seem to recall being unable to hit the lock button and get out, having to do it with the remote once I was outside.

New BMWs have all sorts of weird poo poo, if our 135 is any indication. If you're inside the car you can always open the door regardless of if they are locked, but either way you have to pull the door handle twice to open it. I asked the techs at the dealer why you have to pull it twice and they said it was a "safety feature," which really makes no goddamn sense. Did they have problems with people accidentally opening the door while driving and falling out? Also, you can't do the normal sequential door unlock (driver's door first, then all doors) with the "tap the door handle" unlock feature. You can set it to unlock EITHER the drivers door OR all doors but it can't do one then the other, like, you know, the unlock button on keyfobs have been doing since the beginning of time.

Also, it doesn't have intermittent windshield wipers. It has a "normal" and "fast" setting that you turn on the regular way, by tapping the right stalk up. But then it has an "automatic" mode that you turn on with a little button on the end of the stalk. It's one of those rain-sensing things where it automatically adjusts the speed and it has a dial on the stalk that adjusts the sensitivity. I think it's supposed to replace the intermittent mode but it sucks and it's hard to adjust the sensitivity so it isn't either flailing wildly or not swiping at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

some texas redneck posted:

Every car I've driven with factory fogs (except for the one I own now) don't let you run the fogs without the low beams (but they do switch off with the high beams). It was easy to change the wiring on my Integra to allow the fogs to be turned on without the low beams though (factory wiring only powered the fog light switch with the low beams - snip that wire, splice the wire to the dash lighting switch, which would let you run the fogs anytime the parking lights were on).

This must be a common modification for many different makes because I see cars driving at night with fogs but no headlights all the time around here. I don't understand it. Also, for most people around here, fog lights = extra headlights and they just leave them on all the time.