Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Was driving to work this morning on a 3 lane highway, speed limit 60. Doing my normal 68-70 in the left lane, there's a trail blazer ahead of me doing about 62 or so. Let off the gas, see if he's going to move over for me since the middle lane is clear but it looks like he's oblivious like many drivers around here so I get into the middle lane and pass. Right as I'm clearing him and signaling to move back into the left lane he decides to move into the middle lane. :wtc: people why do you drive like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

This right here is the number one thing I despise while driving. My city decided to put in a half mile long dual (er, both directions) left turn lane, stretching literally from one intersection to the next and people constantly abuse this loving thing. Some people choose to make their left turn from the straight through lane, some pull all the way over into the oncoming left-turn lane, many drivers pull into the turn lane and just drive straight through the entire loving lane.

As an added bonus, south of the intersection the same lovely dual turn lane continues (but it's unmarked, so NOBODY uses it) there is a special intersection. At 32nd and Rock Road, It's not a 4 way, when exiting the subway to the west of the intersection, there is no signal. . . That means everyone who is trying to follow the rules gets the added fun of watching someone tear out of the subway parking lot as soon as your light turns green.

Of course, there is one last reason why this part of town sucks balls, look at the east bound exit from K-96, it features the most confusing traffic scheme ever, dual right turn lanes. Is it legal to make a right turn on red from the second right turn lane? Nobody knows! Most drivers (including myself) make the turn from the middle lane but there is still plenty of road rage at that intersection.

I'll admit to abusing the gently caress out the turn lanes on Rock road like this because holy loving poo poo everyone on the east side drives like an old grandma. It's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat passing you on the far right in the turn lane at Kellogg and Rock :sigh:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Flashing reds means you treat it as a 4 way stop, or more accurately everyone comes to a stop, no one knows the rules so it's people in 4 lanes each slowly inching out and seeing if someone else in the other 3 directions is going to go through

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

my path in the blue, the moron in the silver grand am who I almost tboned when he pulled out in front of me in the red. I had a green arrow going right and I was going maybe 30 mph since I carried a bit of speed around that corner. How the hell do these people survive so long taking unprotected lefts without actually looking both ways?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
E30 isn't so bad it just takes forrrrrever to go from lock to lock with the stock rack

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I put my hand up to thank a truck for letting me over so I could get off on my exit, he proceeds to follow me onto the highway, sit in the exit lane to the right of me and then cut me off at the last second while giving me the finger. :wtc: I guess I shouldn't acknowledge other drivers.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Victim blaming? Really? I agree most of the fault of the accident goes on the cop, but the Lexus driver was probably more than capable of avoiding the whole thing if he exercised a little caution.

and if that girl wasn't wearing such a short skirt she wouldn't have gotten raped

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The only time I rage at trucks is when I get stuck behind one on an on ramp and even then it's really not their fault but getting to the merge point at 37 mph doesn't leave me much room to accelerate into traffic with my slow rear end car.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If you guys think that drivers of certain types of vehicles display different qualities of driving when they're as ubiquitous as BMWs and Kias you are succumbing to confirmation bias. Unless genderweirdgreedo has some studies on aggressive driving by car brand mixed in with all the other reports he carries in his front seat idk

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

This is not confirmation bias! It's stereotyping. :eng101:

stereotyping is confirmed and reinforced by confirmation bias as this thread is such a perfect example of

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

Everyone else can back the gently caress off cause I'm doing what I like on a public road, and if you don't like it, suck on my .45 motherfuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMa_t5cBgY

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Saw someone turn left across traffic, decide they didn't want to pull into that side street after all and drive the wrong way down my lane for a block or so so they could make their turn down another side street. Luckily the street was fairly deserted except for me :stare:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

I had the joy of taking a 50 year old lovely clover leaf today. . . I-235 and Kellogg in Wichita, it's supposed to be rebuilt into a stack soon 'cause it sucks so bad. The ramp I was on has a speed limit of 15mph, so when I got to the bottom of the ramp traveling at a ridiculously slow speed, I spotted an F-350 in the right lane with their right signal on. It didn't take long for me to evaluate that if I pulled out in front of a truck moving 60+ mph at 15mph in a piece of poo poo Civic this could end badly, so I did what the yield sign did and yielded. Sure enough, a BMW behind me did not take kindly to this act. I heard about a second worth of honking followed by the rear end in a top hat trying to squeeze around me at the exact moment that the pickup blew past just feet away. After the pickup, the right lane was free as far as I could see, the BMW immediately stopped honking and fell in behind me getting onto the highway. If I had actually tried to pull out like that shithead wanted me to do I would probably be dead right now. . . But that wasn't enough, the BMW then continued to sit directly beside me, locking me in the right lane at 60mph for the next three miles while I kept my turn signal on and tried as hard as I could to vary my speed to get over.

East side supremacy, I take the exchange between Kellogg and 81 at like 65 if there's no one in front of me :getin:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Sup East side bro :hfive:. When my roommate and I were new in time, he had his parents KIA minivan and wanted to show me how fast he could drive through the ramp from EB Kellogg to I-135 and he had the tires sqiealling the entire way. Unfortunately every time I take the ramp I get stuck behind going 30 or 40mph.

They put in a dedicated turn lane at the 53rd street on ramp on I-35 and it makes taking that turn at like 40-45 and powersliding around so much fun, I'm just afraid Park City cops are going to get all up in my poo poo because my tires are pretty bad and squeal at the slightest provocation

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The only way to tell the stealth chargers apart from a civvie around here is the spotlight on the driver's door, they have alloy rims out here. Only time I got ganked by one is when I passed one at the head of a train of cars in the left lane going about ~65 when I was doing about 80 :v:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
No blower motor + huge downpour + bald rear end rear tires on a RWD car= I'm the person you share the road with. I was literally driving with my head out of my window in the middle of a 4"+ hour rainstorm because it was the only way I could kind of see anything. Until my glasses started fogging up too. Then I just put my flashers on, kept the wheel as straight as I could and hoped I didn't run into the back of some idiot without his lights on.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I was late to my psychologist appointment, but I will mention that I have driven a corolla with a broken passenger side tie rod for about a month, on the highway at times because I am really dumb

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's perfectly legal to pass on the right in multi-lane highway in Kansas, I looked this up to fight an illegal passing ticket a cop wrote me for passing him on the right 20 over the speed limit because he was being a dick sitting at 65mph in the far left lane with a train of cars behind him. I don't take it up much past 10 over these days because $270+ tickets kind of hurt but with a little foresight it's pretty easy to look ahead and figure out which lane is moving the quickest at any given minute and adjust accordingly. I'll have impatient assholes blow by me at 80+ only to slam on the brakes and merge behind me as they reach the next elderly driver tooling along at 53mph on the interstate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

The Midniter posted:

That's pretty ballsy, man. Were you not expecting him to pull your rear end over, or what?

He was in an undercover cruiser of a variety I had not seen before. It wasn't until he pulled in behind me and I saw the hat/spotlight that I knew it was a cop.