Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sometimes the people you share the road with are pretty cool.

Sometimes.

Case in point: today on my way home the car in front of me (who was actually going the speed limit or slightly above the whole time) signals that they're turning at the next right, which has a turn lane. But they don't enter it, which aggravates me, and I start braking in preparation for more idiocy. They don't slow down, however, just whip it into the turn with a hint of trail-braking near the apex, and take off down their road at flat chat.

They are driving a mid-90's Buick Roadmaster wagon. :black101: Wanna shake that persons hand.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Coming home on I-64E today, cruise set at 78, almost no traffic, life is good. Start gaining on a newer Highlander, New Jersey plate # LGV 46A, and I go to pass. As soon as I get in the left lane, I stop gaining on them. Whatever, I'll just get back behind them, still plenty of following distance. Soon as I get back over I start gaining on them again. Go to pass, they increase speed again. I decide I'd rather not dance with retards and increase speed to 85. He follows suit, once I'm half a car length ahead. So, I just mat the gas and take it to 100. Once he's good and distant, I'll drop back to 80 and forget about it. A couple miles later I catch up with slower traffic, so dickhead also catches up. He gets right on my rear end, and keeps trying to pass me on the right (but cannot, because there are even slower cars littering that lane and he keeps getting stuck behind them :laugh:). He finally gets enough opening to get next to me, does so, and suddenly swerves towards me. Unnerved, I start slowing down, he follows suit. Then his window comes down and a cup of ice is tossed at my windshield. So I called the state police and reported his rear end. As soon as he saw my phone come out he slammed on the brakes, got behind me, and stayed about 10 car lengths away until I took my exit.

Hope you like talking to Staties, you loving childish shitstain.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

kastein posted:

Inspections piss me the gently caress off because my shitcans always fail for trivial bullshit or things that don't loving matter, yet I see people doglegging down the highway happily on 2 donut spares with a rotted fuel tank strap hanging off the bottom of their car because they have no idea what they're doing and hadn't stuffed their car into a guardrail yet 6 months ago when they got it inspected.

A-loving-men

The Fozzy won't pass because it has a small exhaust leak and bad steering rack seals. Everything actually safety related is brand loving new, but god forbid I let a small amount of exhaust miss the muffler and top off the fluid every couple weeks.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Had a surreal experience yesterday. Highway packed with traffic, but the left lane was moving along steadily at 75mph while the right was going around 65-70. Every one stayed in their lanes, nobody slowed the left down for bullshit, people maintained a somewhat reasonable following distance. I was shocked.

And then I went into town later and saw more displays of idiocy and dickishness than I have fingers.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress people that cannot stay in their lanes, even (especially) if they are hauling rear end.

All the roads around my house are 2 lane but unmarked, which apparently means drive on whatever side you goddamn feel like whenever you please. I barely bat an eye when a soccer mom in a Tahoe comes around a blind corner halfway in my lane, it happens so loving often.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Haha, I passed a bro-truck (Chevy HD3500 with stacks and a huge lift) broken down on the side of the road today as well, made me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

Truth be told, I love driving the ambulance, because when I do something to somebody that may be considered rude, or when somebody is rude to me (like cutting in front of me at night on the freeway without signaling), I can beep the air horn or siren and most people immediately back down and tuck their tail. Most of the time you don't even need the horn - the moment I pass by somebody and they recognize that it's an ambulance, you can almost see them apologize for <insert x dick move they did earlier here>. It's glorious.

I just couldn't understand why my partner didn't know that in no way, shape, or form did the guy trying to exit the QT by making a left have the right of way.

Some people are just overly courteous. I've had three people stop at an intersection they did not have a stop sign for this month, to try and let me through when my road does have a stop sign. No, dumbass, I'm not going to go just because you waved at me. You shouldn't have stopped ever and I am perfectly happy to just sit here and stare at you until you figure that out.