Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

The Midniter posted:

I drove home to CT to visit my family for the holiday. I sincerely recommend against driving 12 hours straight twice in seven days. Pandora's comedy channels helped me get through them for sure. What drove me absolutely loving crazy, however, was the fact that people are simply unable to maintain their speed. I set my cruise control at no more than 3 mph over whatever the limit was in any given area. If I came up on slower-moving traffic, I would signal, pass them, and get back in the right lane, maintaining my exact speed. Then a minute later they'd be on my rear end, pull over to pass me, get back in the right lane ahead of me...and then I'd catch up to them and the dance would repeat. Why the gently caress can't you just find a comfortable speed and stick with it??

If anyone's familiar with the route I took, it's I-77 to I-81 to I-84 (and then the same in reverse). Mostly straight, mostly two lanes, excellent visibility, boring as gently caress. I find that the most erratic drivers are in PA. Those fuckers simply don't understand the fact that the left lane is for passing. They are more than glad to bunch up in clumps of 10 cars, five in each lane, all tailgating the gently caress out of each other, no one passing anyone.

Oh and one more thing - I could not BELIEVE the distance at which some cars would follow 18-wheelers (and to a lesser extent, other cars). I'm talking five feet behind the underride guard, at 70 miles per hour, for extended amounts of time. Do these people not understand that they are taking their very lives into their hands? It astounds me.

I don't have cruise control, sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU