Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002

Ferremit posted:

The landcruiser does that too- as soon as you open the drivers door with the key outside of the ON position it kills the headlights, and as soon as you turn it back to On, they come back on.

Its great- I dont leave my headlights on in my own vehicle, but im terrible at doing it at work!

Toyota also fitted a nice feature to the 100 series- the power windows stay active for about 45 seconds after you kill the engine, and they are all auto up/down. so you can shut down the engine, realise you've left a window down and as long as you dont open a door you can close em up without having to have the key in the ignition. Auto up/Down should be manditory on all electric windows- One quick press or lift and all 4 windows go up and down.

I bought a new Tacoma about 6 months ago and being able to close the windows after cutting the engine is great as is the auto headlight shut off many have mentioned. I love the ergonomics of all the controls except for the windshield wiper on/off. It's up for one temporary cycle, down one for 1st speed constant on, down two for 2nd speed constant on. There is no intermittent speed at all and it drives me crazy when it is raining just enough to not need the wipers constantly on but raining just hard enough where otherwise I would have to constantly hit the wipers up to clear the small amount of rain.

Also the seat belt warning is annoying when I'm working in the woods because I'm constantly in and out of my truck and never get over ~5mph but it's only mildly annoying because I just buckle the seat belt behind me when I'm out there. I would just turn it off but I really do need the chime to remind me because I'm on the street ~90% of the time and frequently forget to buckle up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2trU8xi9jQ

This is my boring footage of a recent accident I was involved in. At first I didn't mention my dash cam because the police report stated the other driver was at fault which I assumed would be sufficient. Well the other driver stated he came to a complete stop in the road when he saw me coming and I was the only moving vehicle and ran into him. At this point the adjuster at Geico turns into an rear end in a top hat and accuses me of causing the accident and fraud. So I call up my insurance agent and send him the footage. The adjuster for my insurance company says the other driver is 100% at fault, send the video over and they would back me up if needed. I send it over to the fuckers at Geico and now they accuse me of driving a commercial vehicle due to having a dash cam and state that I had a free lane(oncoming) lane to avoid the accident. They rule again I'm at fault.

Now I'm having to fork out cash for my deductible and wait to be refunded. I'm sick and tired of this bullshit and maybe had I reacted instantly I could have avoided it by moving into the other lane but I have swerved in the past on the interstate and nearly caused a worse accident by avoiding texting/drifting drivers. I've trained myself to remain in my lane and lay on the horn which has kept accident free on the interstate thus far. I did the same thing here and laid into the horn but the 16yo kid never let up. What do you guys think? I know I'm not 100% at fault but am I to blame at all?

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002
Yea, I likely could have stopped in time had I reacted immediately when I saw him but then again I saw brake lights and had the right of way.

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002
AL

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002

Nitrox posted:

Am I missing something or are you communicating with both insurance companies at the same time? That's a terrible thing to do. Either way, Geico is a piece of poo poo company, but that sort of behavior is fairly common across the board. Just wait it out and your company will prevail. Kudos on having that camera, it really helped out.

I went straight to Geico once I got the police report. Then when they stated I was at-fault despite what the police report said I went to my insurance agent and he ran the video through their guys. Told me to send it to geico and see how they ruled then and come back. Now I'm dealing solely with my insurance agent but we are in a waiting game because the cop screwed up the number of occupants in each vehicle(which the video shows later on) so they are amending it. I just wanted to see what AI had to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCricket
Oct 26, 2002
In hindsight that was a mistake but I wanted to avoid the deductible if possible and I thought the police report would settle it quickly.