Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

“Should I call the police?”

“Hell no, this is way too (entertaining?)”

gently caress those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Phanatic posted:

Or to not buy a home that a developer stuck up next to an existing highway. See also: airports, public pools, hot sauce factories.
This one still makes me laugh a little. https://www.sgvtribune.com/2018/09/07/sriracha-irwindale-drop-dueling-lawsuits-over-stinky-plant/

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I see a bunch of strawmen and ad hominems, and none of them have been Kozmonaut, sooooo ...

I would just like to say, if this is what I sounded like when I was posting about how great a driver I am and speed limits shouldn't apply to me and blah blah blah when I first started posting in AI as a teenager, good god, I'm sorry.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

Is there a speed limit on shitposting?
There is, but it hasn't been enforced since two sheriffs mods ago :v:

Ror posted:

Highway speeding etiquette is kind of all over the place in the US, having lived in major cities and rural areas on both coasts. There are plenty of places where 55mph is just the traditional freeway speed limit and if you’re not doing 75-85 you’re getting passed by literally every one. Where I live now, however, everyone barely does 60 on the 55 highways and I rejoice when the limit gets bumped to 65 for a few miles.

It’s not exactly relevant to the speeding slap fight but I always found it interesting how it seems to be a local culture thing more than anything else. It often doesn’t seem to be related to the size or quality of the road.

Except, anecdotally, toll roads are always way more likely to be unofficial autobahns.
Yep. In some areas, lane discipline is also a thing, but it's rare. I hate where everyone is going to go exactly the speed limit (or 1 under because reasons) and they also don't ever let anyone pass.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Guess he didn't wake up in a better mood.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

Thanks for your useful and meaningful contribution to the thread.
Yeah, why is he trying to make everything about race???

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

The only race allowed in this thread is race car.
Yeah, because we don't see color here.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Also it’s super weird and gross that a few people seem to think they should prosecute who you are as a person for an opinion they disagree with.

“He said people should follow the speed limit, I should go stalk his post history and try to get a sick burn, loving boomer moron!”

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Twistershift posted:

Tell that to all the silver cars, smh.
If I ever see one, I will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

The thing about "Nanny Nag" commentary jumped out at me - there's a few posters who do that here. One guy in the EV thread was talking about putting a arm weight or a waterbottle on his steering wheel to bypass the safety measures.

Autopilot is a mistake.

e: Oh, yeah, it's that guy \/\/\/

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 23, 2020