Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
That whole movie is golden, from the syrup chugging all the way through to bearfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Functional alcoholics can do some pretty unbelievable poo poo, if you take unbelievable to mean "You shouldn't be physically capable of doing this in your state."

One of my first jobs was as a shop assistant (read: bitch)/counter person for a local Harley shop that did some custom bikes as well, so naturally we got the usual mix of wealthy business guys with $60,000 custom bikes as well as some real scummy bikes that I wouldn't pay $100 for. That being said, I was always astounded at how many customers drove their bikes or truck to our shop completely smashed on liquor. I wouldn't even let some of them stand too close to me 'cause they reeked so bad I couldn't breath from the mix of high-proof and BO.

Growing up in London one of our neighbors was a leading urologist who regularly put away 1.5-2 bottles of wine a night and would often get called on in the middle of the night and would drive to the hospital and operate. By that point it was probably more normal for him than working sober. :eek:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

xzzy posted:

Yep.. well I've tried. For much of the mid-west it's not gonna buy me anything. People who have chosen to cruise in the left lane don't give a poo poo what's happening in their mirrors.

Proper left lane usage doesn't really seem to become the norm until I get west of the Mississippi.

Southern California must be exempt from that.

Actually, I have to say I prefer the way Americans use all the lanes on the motorway and undertaking people is excellent. We had a friend staying from the UK last week and he also mentioned how civilized he thought it was to be able to overtake someone from any lane.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

xzzy posted:

When I lived in Alaska, it was pretty common to see people trying to drive around with a foot of snow on their hood. It seems fine when you pull out of the driveway, but once you get above 40 mph all that powder starts to dislodge. Some of it melts when it hits the windshield, causing more snow to stick to the water, making it loving impossible to see. Then they try to use the wipers but the wipers don't work because they've been buried by snow. The upside is they were easy to identify and avoid because there'd be an enormous snow cloud tailing them.

People here in Illinois try the same thing, but we don't get nearly enough snow for it to be that big a problem. Usually the wipers can plow right through whatever builds up. It still hurts visibility (and running the wipers over the top of the ice can't be good for their longevity) but they aren't literally driving blind.

It's not just that, it's the huge amounts of snow these inconsiderate fuckwits drop in the paths of people driving behind them.