Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Fucknag posted:

Or the motherfuckers driving around with 1 low beam and the high beams on. Motherfucker I CAN SEE YOUR LAZINESS.

People who don't know how to put their loving headlights in are the loving worst. loving assholes have their "low" beams as high as their high beams should be, blinding everyone on the road. I especially love it when you flash your beams at them to try to get them to turn off what you hope are high beams only to watch the full glory of their lights as they go to their "high" mode.

EDIT:
People in high cars seems to be the worst about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

kastein posted:

I call those airplane spotting lights.

What really gets me is how many of my friends (including ones who are actual auto enthusiasts) take the "lol who cares why do you bother to aim your headlights" approach to things. I just don't understand it, to the point that I've actually adjusted people's headlights for them so they lit up the road instead of the left headlight hitting the ground about 30 feet in front of the right side of the car and the right headlight being great for reading street signs (you know, the ones on giant support structures 20 feet over the highway.)

Aim your drat headlights people. They light things up better when they point at what they're supposed to illuminate.

Yes, this is exactly the point I was making. Aim your loving headlights down like you're supposed to, especially the one facing oncoming traffic.

Also, tell your friends that they literally cause accidents because they BLIND PEOPLE because they're too damned lazy to aim their headlights.

InitialDave posted:

He means the low beam is so out of whack that it's already high, and high beam is just a joke.

High beam with these people must be hailing UFOs or something.