Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Mooseykins posted:

Well that's a major inscentive for me to not provide a courtesy car. You know the joke about the fastest car in the world being a rental car? Well courtesy cars fall under the same treatment, so i don't want to pay for a courtesy car for people to bomb around in and generally not give a gently caress about. You see how they treat their own cars, they'll be even less caring and mechanically-sympathetic to one they don't own.

My car wants for nothing, is meticulously cared for (aside from washing, it's always dirty) and maintaned, the interior is cleaned all the time and is in perfect condition. It's already a fairly unusual and rare car due to its spec, there's no way i'll lend it to a customer to use.

I must be the polar opposite of that... I get on quite well with the dealer I bought my motorbike from (they've only got 5 staff), and last time I dropped it off for a service, I got their shitheap of a loan bike, took it home, and killed a few hours washing it, cutting all the scratches out of the paint, polishing it, and waxing it. I also replaced several blown globes, polished the windscreen and instrument cluster faces, adjusted and lubed the chain, and adjusted the clutch.

Got it back there and they nearly fell over. Couldn't believe it was the same bike... As a result, the owner has told me that I have the pick of their demonstrator bikes as a loaner next time mine is in there, and I got a bunch of small parts I needed for free.

Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

Ferremit posted:

This is about the worst we have in Adelaide:

The Britannia Roundabout. Its a 5 way, two lane roundabout, with a loving forest in the middle of it! The biggest issue is the two roads in the North west corner- You cant see the traffic coming from the western approach because its so far over your shoulder you nearly need to stick your head out the window to see.

They do use the NW corner as part of the V8 supercar circuit though, hence the rumble striping.

I lived in Adelaide for about 18 months and loving hated that roundabout.

The first time I drove through it, I was relieved that I got through OK and while making a mental note to avoid it in the future, I promptly t-boned a car (in my then-partner's R34 Skyline GT-R, no less) that pulled out of one of the side streets on Fullarton Rd without stopping.

Now I live in Perth, and stare in amazement at the insane tailgating that goes on...

Bass Ackwards fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU