Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

West SAAB Story posted:

People out this way are still scared and confused by a Diverging Diamond Interchange.
If I ever drove on that road, I'd get flashbacks of playing Scalextric with my friends shortly before I end up getting in a collision and rolling into a tree on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

DrPain posted:

There was that one time I had to move a Porsche for the first time ever and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where the gently caress that key went.

:negative:
I got my 944 valeted the other day, left it outside the garage and handed them the keys. I then got a phonecall 10 minutes later telling me it wasn't turning over. The 944 has a little fob on the keys which you stick into a slot near the ignition to deactivate the immobiliser. Kind of forgot to mention this...

e: As far as non standard layouts go, my mother's Hyundai iLoad has the indicator and lights stalk on the right, wipers etc on the left, Makes no loving sense to me.

What do you guys prefer, side/headlight controls on the dash or on the indicator stalk? Encountered the dashboard switch for lights on the Vauxhall Corsa C, Volkswagen Polo Mk2f and Porsche 944. I kind of prefer it for some strange reason.

Falken fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 9, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, this showed up on my facebook feed.

...This is the second time my uncle's managed to do this.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Did he run out or put the wrong fuel in?
Petrol into a TDI.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Das Volk posted:

I measured that the M3's speedometer in the UK read high by 3%, so judging by this thread I'm a little surprised. 10% is quite a bit, do you guys think that mfrs do that to game CAFE regulations?
My 944 S2's speedo is like 5mph optimistic when it reads 60mph.

YF19pilot posted:

Guy comes in with a AWD Ford Explorer. The right rear tire has been making all sorts of racket ever since he had a flat on that tire and bought a new one. Well, since then, he's replaced the bearings, the struts, pretty much a once over on everything mechanical. He was in for four new tires that day. The noise stopped.
(I know, this is probably one of those things that's not very well known to the general public at large, but I can still imagine how the guy felt knowing the issue was simpler, and probably cheaper, than everything else he tried to fix).
I had a ticking noise from the right rear of the car. I suspected a CV joint. Replaced all 4 tires as the police gave me a warning for their condition (fronts slightly perished). Had a look at the old tires and oh hey, a stone lodged in the grooves.

Falken fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Geoj posted:

Add to that "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS WHITE poo poo FALLING FROM THE SKY AND SOMETIMES STICKING TO THE ROAD?!? IT DIDN'T DO THIS LAST YEAR! I'M GOING TO DRIVE 30 MPH UNDER THE LIMIT TO BE SAFE!!! :derp:"
I had a coworker that tried to get up a hill at 5mph in the snow. You can imagine this went really well. Eventually I ended up driving my car up the hill, got out, went down the hill and got in her car to get that up too.