Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Almost ran over a cyclist yesterday. I was just starting to go around him when he jerked 4 feet to the left and pulled out his cell phone. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ozz81 posted:

I know this is most likely a joke or hyperbole, but when you've been rear-ended by a 78 year old guy while sitting at a red light at a 4 way intersection, and said 78 year old is driving an F-150 doing 45+ MPH and you're in a little Contour and he doesn't hit his brakes because he's not paying attention to what's going on, and the impact breaks your driver's seat into the recline position and drat near breaks your neck, you tend to not give a rat's rear end about how great the elderly think they can operate a motor vehicle. I've still got the pictures of the car at home, I may post them later.

I was hit by an 80-year old who couldn't be bothered to stop/slow down at a yield sign last year. I managed to slam on the brakes so that I didn't get completely t-boned and he sideswiped the front of my car. Afterword, he was completely unapologetic and said the accident was my fault since he was mostly thru the intersection by the time I got there. Literally the first thing the cop who arrived on the scene asked him was if he didn't see the yield sign.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Had a guy try to run me off the road last night for (legally) passing him when he was going below the speed limit. He then drove off at 15 mph over the speed limit.

I don't understand people sometimes. If he was going that speed to begin with I wouldn't have passed him.

Ford Explorer driver.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Moved from the right lane to the left lane to give people merging onto the highway room. The lady I pulled behind brake checked me out of nowhere.

After I move back over to the right, I see that she has her phone in front of her face and wasn't paying any attention.

She gave me a dirty look and continued to text when I honked and made a "put the phone down" motion.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Deeters posted:

Hurricane Matthew knocked out a few traffic lights in my neighborhood. The law around here is to treat them like stop signs, and boy, not many people know that.

That's the law in most of the USA (if not all), and yes, 99% of drivers don't know that.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Had an rear end in a top hat stop at the beginning of an on ramp because there was moderate traffic on the highway. The on ramp is 100 yards long and there was plenty of space to merge, but instead of pressing slightly on the accelerator and merging at speed he decided to try and kill himself and me.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Empty highway yesterday, I'm cruising the right most lane. Catch up to and pass a car sitting in the passing (left lane) doing 5 under the limit. That prompted them to speed up, cut me off, and slam on the brakes and give me the finger.

Jesus christ.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I think my favorite ticket was when I passed someone who was doing 25 in a 30 for several miles before there was finally a spot to pass and I got up to 40. Thanks, Delaware!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

bolind posted:

That could've gone a whole lot worse. Good thing he was wearing BOTH a ten year old MTB helmet and a rolled up towel.

Note how the truck crumbles like tinfoil and the tree is literally not even moving.

That tree saved his life.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

My favorite is with a 2 lane interstate.

Left lane is tied up by a semi or something slow for at least a mile with a string a vehicles behind it but the left lane is cruising just slightly faster than the right.

Guy behind you moves over to right pass you and everyone else but gets held up by slower right lane. Then a parade of cars with no gaps slowly passes him as he loses ten spots.

This is me. Except I got over the right by habit after finishing passing and have to wait on all the people who never move out of the left lane.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I-66 does this in VA/DC. The number of vehicles who drive on the shoulder when it has a red X above it is pretty high.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I was going 15 over on the way home today and passing cars while in the left lane. Had a guy tailgating the crap out of me and when there was a slight gap (I wasn't going to move over to be in the non-passing lane for less then 5 seconds) he undertook, cut me off and slammed on his brakes. Thought for sure I was going to rear end him.

I should really get a dash cam.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

There's a fine line IMO between that sort of thing and the people who are driving above the speed limit, in the passing lane, with no traffic in the center, but refuse to move when you come up behind them.

This was not that type of situation.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

wayfinder posted:

So, the cop didn't go precisely to provoke that, right?

Has to be. He had plenty of opportunities to go.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The very basis of sovereign immunity is that you can’t sue them. Sometimes they’ll pay and some states have laws that actually allow you to sue butttttt here’s the looohole. Tx law but very standard.

Did you bother to read what you quoted?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

So I was turning left onto my street from the main road, and one of my jerk neighbors was at the stop sign on my street, waiting to turn left onto the main road. Did I miss the memo where I'm supposed to let people at a stop sign go before me? Because she definitely turned into my car a bit and said something out the window. gently caress you lady, I have right of way and it's a busy road.

e: this is the same lady that has been blowing her leaves and yard poo poo directly onto my driveway/cars since we moved in 3 years ago, and also has a dying tree overhanging my driveway that drops bird poo poo and tree sap all over our cars.

Depending on which state you are in, the part of the tree that overhangs your property may be considered yours and you can take those branches down.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Came around a corner today onto a 35mph street and thought I was catching up to another car on the street extremely fast. It took my brain a full two seconds to realize the other car was stopped and didn't have any functioning brake lights.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The Locator posted:

So the terrible punishment is that one guy gets a 3 month suspension.... Ok. Maybe those rules need a few more teeth on the enforcement side.

I'm going to assume the suspension is with pay.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

This is the right place to pull over when a cop flashes his lights at you, right? You wouldn't want to go another 50 yards and get on the shoulder instead of blocking an onramp.

I debated honking, but couldn't decide if it would annoy the cop.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Dear Lady,
I don't know why you stopped at a green light to try and get me to take a left and cross in front of you. Just go thru the green and I'll make the left turn as soon as you are thru the intersection. Really, it's no big deal for me to wait the 3 seconds.

Thank you,
MrLogan

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Saw my first motorcyclist texting and driving on the highway the other day.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

Sport bike or Harley?

Sport bike. In the passing lane would slow to 60 why texting, look up and hit 90 really quick then gradually slow back to 60 while sending next text.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Heard in line at Sam's club tire center: "this is the first time I've gotten new tires for my work truck. Got almost 200k out of the last set."

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I just helped resolve this situation when leaving the grocery store.

80 year old lady in the blue car couldn't figure out that she should go around the green car instead of continuing to drive on the wrong side of the parking lot after cutting the corner making a left. Literally just stopped and frozen, waiting for the green car to do something.

Got a nice thank you from the lady in the green car after I used hand gestures to explain to the 80 year old that she should go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

These are the people you share a road with: At least they tried