Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Blaise posted:

Is it any worse than this? I live in this shot here. Rush hour is horrific.

At least everybody here is so passive that you can basically get anywhere quickly as long as things are moving. 2 mile long line in the left lane? Right lane closed? Hang the right lane til the LAST second and people will happily wave you in. In Philly everybody would be playing chicken right til the last second.

Ugh, it's you! I hate it when people do this. The only time it's acceptable is when someone is willing to block traffic by waiting for an impossible left at Latona instead of going a block further and using the left turn lane.

Negromancer posted:

This is probably my favorite WTF intersection in seattle

Yup, that is a 6 way stop, and is super busy since it is the best way to get on/off 99 at queen anne. The right lane of SB 99 gets blocked since traffic backs up on Raye, and its not uncommon to have 6th Ave backed up all the way under 99 with people trying to get on NB 99.

The worst thing about this intersection is that even though Queen Anne has no traffic lights and is all stop signs, maybe 10% of the people who drive there understand what a stop sign is and who has right of way. The best thing about this intersection is that you can always bypass some of the backup by taking the secret 7th street that connects with it.

That intersection is a loving mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU