Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I used to not really use my parking brake until several years ago when my '88 celica popped out of gear and started rolling backwards across a parking lot, onto a busy 3 lane road (where it was rolling backwards with the flow of traffic), across said road, and nearly off a 50 foot embankment. The only reason the car wasn't destroyed is that I was able to catch up to it on foot, jump in the car(I had left the door open) and slam on the brakes just a few feet before it was too late. When the car came to a stop one of the rear tires was in the air overhanging the embankment.

Looking back it was a pretty stupid to run after my car, but I just reacted in the heat of the moment.

I never ever leave the parking brake off in any car I drive now.

Also, my wife is the destroyer of headgaskets. She has ignored and failed to tell me about overheating issues and blown the headgasket on three cars. One of which I bought for her. I finally bought her a volvo 240dl and if she kills that thing I'm buying her a drat bicycle.

In semi-related idiocy, someone broke into my '83 accord today to steal a set of $10 no-brand chinese speakers. At least that car is so easy to break into that they didn't damage anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU