Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
My co-worker did that with his 01 civic, he kept topping it off even though it was pissing coolant and making terrible noises. He asked me to look at it and it was blowing white smoke when he started it up, I told him to shut it off, pulled the dipstick and it was a healthy shade of green. I told him it needed a head gasket and a new radiator and to get it towed to a shop.

He still drove it home :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
Seriously? Putting on a spare tire is pretty basic, everyone should know how to do that. There are step by step instructions in every owners manual for every car I've owned. I get not wanting to do it on the side of of a six lane highway, but if you're in the middle of nowhere are you really going to wait an hour for AAA to show up and do it for you? What if it's the zombie apocalypse? Do you walk in open zombie country or do you put the spare on? Because AAA dude is busy eating his family and your iphone is only good for throwing at zombies.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
I live in an apartment complex and some of the vehicles in the parking lot scare me. There's a 90's Pontiac Sunbird that's always in front of my building that reeks of gasoline. I saw someone light up a smoke while walking near it and it made my butt pucker, it's been like this for months and it's driven daily. Then there's the minivan with tires so bald the threads are showing and rear end in a top hat ricer kid who's CV joints having been grinding for a month. Like clearly none of us are rich but drat people, either get it fixed or stop driving it! I never thought I'd miss mandatory vehicle safety inspections once a year after moving from VA to MD but the poo poo I've seen on the road boggles the mind.