Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Carlin has got this thread covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmZCsvE-sI

Edit: I'm going to just go ahead and suggest you listen to the full bit in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZPviq5OxQ

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

CA is alllllll over that discussion right now in our pics and video thread if you need to get .02 in.

In summary:

Someone said it very eloquently: 'Those aren't motorcyclists, those are assholes on motorcycles, there is a big difference'. As a motorcyclist, having watched the video, I have no beef with the SUV guy.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Washington State Patrol will ticket you for driving in the left lane as long as there is no other traffic and you are on an empty stretch of road and they are looking for an excuse to pull you over and write a ticket. All other times, most importantly, rush hour, you are expected to drive in the left lane doing 50 no matter what traffic around you is like. You are also legally required to merge onto the highway at no more than 35 MPH and if approaching 5 miles of your exit slow down to 40 MPH no matter what lane you are in.

This is the Seattle/WA driving code.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm grateful, but... These are the cops you share a road with?

Had this exact thing happen to me a few years ago. Not speeding, minding my own business in the middle lane, blinded by the sun behind me. Deal with it for a few minutes, then change lanes... SUN... speed up... SUN... speed up a little more, fuckin red' n' blues.

Also got off with a warning, but also a very dickish:

"I'm a COP, my lights are SUPPOSED TO BE BRIGHT" when I explained why I was speeding up.

I'm a loving motorist, I'm supposed to be able to see the god drat road!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Fo3 posted:

That driver was oblivious/not even trying.

There is the off chance- albeit remote, that the driver was deaf and unaware. Maybe the lights weren't that noticeable in the day to someone who has their mirrors aimed lovely.

I guess I feel a little glass half full today.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

88h88 posted:

If you're deaf then you need to pay MORE attention to what's around you, not less.

You'll get no argument from me. Absolutely. BUT, it at least explains being able to ignore the gently caress-off loud siren right behind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Saw a drunk driver wipe out on the freeway tonight, roughly half a mile after I decided I should call this guy in and about 2 miles after he first passed me. Got off the phone with state patrol and then he came up on someone, realized he was going to hit them I guess, over corrected and spun out ending up in the median. Manged to get going and pulled off the highway, I called state patrol back and followed him off but he quickly darted down teeny streets at a zillion miles per hour and I wasn't about to encourage that. Hope they get the fucker. I only caught two digits of the plate, but was able to give a good description at least. Dashcam was in the other vehicle; guess I need a second.