Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007
Use the google docs damnit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DqMZmV4o0z2BLbjXkH7LSbR1HtQ7OVofEyliPaQt9Bk/edit#gid=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tezzeract posted:

this thread has gotten a lot better. i like you guys.

There was nothing wrong with this thread :colbert:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Done, and thank you.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Archimago posted:

No, paragon definitely deserves that avatar.

No one deserves that.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
so it turns out that despite pre-ordering a while ago, the game appearing in my client, EA never took my payment :psyduck:

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

WastedJoker posted:

so it turns out that despite pre-ordering a while ago, the game appearing in my client, EA never took my payment :psyduck:

Maybe the payment hits on launch day?

fergy13 on Origins. I hear that chat room is The New poo poo.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

All I know is that Snakes or someone spoiled an image of Sebastian sending a request to the Inquisitor about sending support to "rebuild" Kirkwall and I assume that there is nothing the player can really do to stop it from surviving without you, and to deny this nets you nothing but negative points from Varric. Because he somehow still likes that poo poo-hole apparently talking about how "people aren't as easy to repair as buildings".

I really want to know if this still happens if you spared Anders. Because if you spare Anders because he's your only healer like I did, Sebastian immediately flip-flops on his decision to become a priest. Just like his mentor said he would. And he says he'll come burn the city to the ground. If this letter still happens after that, I will never stop laughing because FLIPFLOPPED AGAIN, I SEE!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just listened to the Inquisition them to get pumped and it sounds like it takes a lot of inspiration from the BSG theme. Choral stuff for a bit, then TAIKO DRUMS MOTHERFUCKER.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Svanja posted:

Maybe the payment hits on launch day?

fergy13 on Origins. I hear that chat room is The New poo poo.

it says you need to upgrade your client to receive the invite? don't know what that is about

parara
Apr 9, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

I really want to know if this still happens if you spared Anders. Because if you spare Anders because he's your only healer like I did, Sebastian immediately flip-flops on his decision to become a priest. Just like his mentor said he would. And he says he'll come burn the city to the ground. If this letter still happens after that, I will never stop laughing because FLIPFLOPPED AGAIN, I SEE!

This video should answer that for you.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

paragon1 posted:

it says you need to upgrade your client to receive the invite? don't know what that is about

Invite to the chatroom? Ok, I'll see if there is something on my end.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
My handle is MoaMission on Origin and I would like to engage in Bioware-rage chat and form Multiplayer groups with everyone via this chat room thing. Please be my Dragon Age: Inquisition friend.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parara posted:

This video should answer that for you.

HAHAHAHAH hhooooooly poo poo.

Seriously, there's no choice he could have made that would make him look good in that situation, but I think that might be the worst one! Hawke and Anders got kicked out of that shithole! What good's burning it to the ground going to do?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 15, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm Bang_Bat on Origin.

Anyone got suggestions for the new thread title?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
If you aren't in the horrible cancer that is Origin DAI chat, you're missing out. I'd tell you what you're missing out on, but that would ruin it.

Lotish posted:

I'm Bang_Bat on Origin.

Accept friend request. Origin chat will help you with a name.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 15, 2014

Cirian
Nov 7, 2002
Fun Shoe
Pro strategy is to connect to South Korea for early preloading. My Origin name is Facejar, add me!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

^^^: Why would you care about preloading this early? I mean, the game doesn't unlock until late Monday/very early Tuesday, do you really need that long to preload?

Might as well add me, austinthom on Origin.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 15, 2014

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Lotish posted:

I'm partial to "look out, Sin" but I'm attached to Mel Brooks.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dragon Age Inquisition: Cullens new stache.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

There was nothing wrong with this thread :colbert:

There wasn't enough avatar purchasing happening.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

This but also make sure you're using the right tab when you put your name in. Some people are using the wrong one in the PC tab.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

^^^: Why would you care about preloading this early? I mean, the game doesn't unlock until late Monday/very early Tuesday, do you really need that long to preload?

Might as well add me, austinthom on Origin.

Game can be accessed 11pm on Monday.

And the servers will be slammed that day, so yes, pre-loading this early is pretty important!

Svanja fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 15, 2014

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Lotish posted:

I'm Bang_Bat on Origin.

IM GOING TO FUCK THE GHOST

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

steakmancer posted:

please pick this one...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

steakmancer posted:

#fucktheghost

also im apparently an admin in the lovely origin channel so send me a friend request if you want to shitpost with everyone else and maybe ill invite you if i remember past today!!!!!

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

You are all terrible at posting.

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK
What the hey - I'm in.

I sent Roobanguy a friend request since they claim to be the ruler of the Origin channel.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
A very nice gentleman called Sunil from EA Support cancelled my order for me. He said my payment was still processing even though it was placed 4 days ago but he agreed to cancel it so I could re-submit my order.

He gave me a 15% discount code for my trouble but it doesn't work for Dragon Age :argh:

Anyway, during the pre-order process it specifically states payment will be taken at pre-order placement, so no, the payment doesn't process on game release.

I've placed a new order and it still doesn't offer preload option :argh: I used paypal this time and they've confirmed payment was sent.

The reason I'm getting worked up about pre-load is precisely because of this poo poo. I can see myself missing out on pre-order bonuses due to these payment issues :bang:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
It's weird how Cassandra is from Nevarra but she speaks like an Orlesian.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Added my name to the spreadsheet, though I probably won't touch multiplayer for the first few days. Does it matter that I'm on PSN?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Eddain posted:

Have you never met someone who has lived in America for a few years years and worked to match our accent so they don't get made fun of?

Cassandra has been in the Chantry since she was like, young, and worked directly for the Divine for a long time. It's not too unbelievable that in a country so built around appearances she would learn to fit the accent to not be ridiculed.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Yeah Origin was being weird with me about taking my money so I cancelled my pre-order and just ordered from GMG (£40!). Also, whilst an american VPN will get you the preload and the game faster than the UK, a South Korean one will get you both the fastest - for some reason every game comes out in South Korea before anywhere else.

Eddain posted:

Do we know what Nevarran accents sound like?

Also I'm Bogwitt on Origin, invite me to that shitshow if anyone is still awake.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

KittyEmpress posted:

Have you never met someone who has lived in America for a few years years and worked to match our accent so they don't get made fun of?

I'm too busy getting constantly macked on because of my neutral English accent to worry about trying to fit in with an American one.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I've lived in England for 8 years. Still sound like a boring midwesterner. On the other hand my wife who's English born and raised gets asked if she's american every once and while because she picked up alot of my accent.

Accents can be weird.

Also about 25% of the people that ask about my accent think I must be Canadian. Which to my ear I don't think I sound like at all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

New thread is up. Decided I didn't want to sit on it for a whole weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Lotish posted:

New thread is up. Decided I didn't want to sit on it for a whole weekend.

All right all! It's been fun!

See you in the other thread.

• Locked thread